Monday, April 9, 2007

The (Really) Big Guy Pitches tonight!

It all starts tonight! The Twins debut of Sidney Ponson vs. the Hated Yankees!



Tune in later for an updated linescore. Here's my prediction:

5 1/3 IP, 9 hits, 5 ER, 5 K's, 6 BB, 1 HB. And....a WIN, baby!

UPDATE (7:49pm): Well, how did Sidney do? Here are the actual totals:

5 2/3 IP, 10 hits, 8 ER, 2 K's, 3 BB, 0 HB. And......the Twins are losing 8 - 1. Forget about that win I predicted. I thought the Twins would score a little more against The Evil Empire's rookie pitcher. I don't feel too bad about this one, however, folks. One or two more of these starts, and the Twins will call up Garza, Perkins or Slowey - one of their pitchers a little more deserving to be on the squad than Ponson.

Go Twins!

Jeff

No comments: