Friday, April 27, 2007

Going to Eau Claire

It is time, once again, to travel to the hometown of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, to meet Jase for the NFL draft. Jase is a huge Packer fan, and a draft guru. He knows what is going on, so I have to rely on him for inside info since I am more of a baseball/hockey guy. As you know, I am a Viking fan, so it's always interesting attending draft activities amongst the myriad of Packer fans, smattering of Viking fans, and Dools and Johnny representing the Lions.

Here are the plans for anyone who will be in the EC area on Draft Saturday(4/28/07). I am leaving St. Paul around 8:30 AM. I will call Jase at 9:45 from Oakwood Mall because I will have gotten lost in the "new developments." I will then meet Jase around 10:00. The plan is to go down to Ray's and watch the beginning of the draft, have a few brews and eat some of their outstanding food (Hot Beef sandwiches!!) After that, we'll head down to O'Dooley's for a good period of time. Anyone who wants to meet us - feel free!

Fast facts:

City of Eau Claire population: 64,000
Eau Claire County population: 93,500 (metro. pop.: 151,000)
City parks: 14
Bike trails: 4
Movie screens: 20 + 1 drive-in
Athletic and fitness clubs: 5
Performing arts: 8
Museums and galleries: 11
Restaurants: 288
Coffee shops: 12
Bookshops: 5
Houses of worship: 143
Travel to Twin Cities: Approx. 1.5 hours


Peace - and hope to see you on Draft Saturday!

Jeff

P.S. - Vikes draft prediction: LaRon Landry, Safety, Louisiana State. They will not end up with Adrian Peterson, even if he is available.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Landry will make it all the way to your #7 pick.

The Pats have two late first rounders that I think they'll trade out of into a bunch of 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Jeff said...

Hey Phil - I'm off today, doing some "Rug Doctoring" at home. Will you be able to make it to Eau Claire for the draft? It's only, what, a 4-hour flight?

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Please, more anger.

Anonymous said...

Lions - Joe Thomas

Vikes- Brady Quinn

Pack - Marshawn Lynch

Anonymous said...

Jeff - Editor's note: It's Dooley's - not O'Dooleys...easy mistake to make though.

Anonymous said...

Jeff - Apocolypse now!

Just checked Packer Plus website, the word is the Packers may have a trade for Moss completed by noon on draft day...Help!

Jeff said...

Jase - I could have sworn they put the "O" in the pub's name. Thanks for the clarification.

On Moss, seeing him in Green and Gold would be like passing over into a paralell universe. They are really risking pissing off their fans. Granted, for the two weeks they play the Vikes he will average 15 catches, 257 yards and three touchdowns.

Anonymous said...

Jeff - The horror...

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the Eau Claire festivities but alas, a 4 hour flight for too many hours of draft coverage seemed a bit much.

However since I will be out your way by the end of May, I will take a chance to bask in the glory that is the Twin Cities. Can you give me a cure of the toxic waste site that the Twins new stadium will be built on?