I just returned from Eau Claire and the draft extravaganza. You know, it's hard to find insight this wrong:
Vikes draft prediction: LaRon Landry, Safety, Louisiana State. They will not end up with Adrian Peterson, even if he is available.
That was my Friday draft prediction. Who did the Vikes draft? Adrian Peterson. I guess I fell for Brad Childress's denials all week. He is The Master of Deception, after all. That's why he covers his mouth with the play card while calling plays. Pure genius.
I never did claim to be an expert on the subject anyway. As far as EC went, a good time was had by all. Jase and I met Gilby, Johnny and some of the other guys. By the way, thanks again Jase, for arguing with those guys at Dooley's that Joe Mauer is the best player in baseball. Pretty good stuff coming from a Brewer fan!
Jeff
5 comments:
Jeff - it was a gas!
Still trying to figure out who most of the freakin' guys are the Packers picked, though!
Guys:
Sorry I wasn't able to meet you for the events after Ray's. The Warden spoke of other "stuff that needed be be taken care of at home" and I tried Jase's cell... no dice.
Apparently, Alltel didn't offer a voice mail alternative for me calling in all the way from Flat Rock.
Thanks again and I'll be in touch.
Gilby
No problem Gilby. We weren't out all that late. Getting too old for that you know.
Jeff
Yeah, I totally believed that Landry would be gone by the seventh pick. At least I was half right on yours, you got a running back. Did anyone tell Adrian where to get his Whizzinator from?
BTW - I don't know if I should be horrified or giddy that the Pats dealt a 4th round pick for Randy Moss.
Hey Phil. You can be giddy for when the Pats are winning, and horrified if they start to lose and Randy doesn't get the ball enough for his liking.
His pouting puts three year olds to shame.
Post a Comment