Monday, April 2, 2007

2007 Prediction - Wild Card

By the way, here is my prediction for the AL Central this year:

Detroit: 98-64
Minnesota: 91-71 (Wild Card)
Cleveland: 88-74
Chicago: 86-76
Kansas City: 74-88

Detroit has too much starting pitching for the Twins and the rest of the AL Central this year. All in all, the AL Central has become one of the best divisions in baseball. It'll be a great race.

The rest of MLB? I have no idea, because I haven't paid that much attention. Let me know what you think. Jase - Brewers??

Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff - I think your prediction for the AL Central seems reasonable.
I would put Chicago ahead of Cleveland, however.

Like the AL Central, the NL Central has become one of the better divisions as well, although not as deep as the AL - top to bottom.

my prediction for the NL Central:

1. St. Louis 94-68
2. Milwaukee 90-72 (No Wild Card)
3. Houston 89-73
4. Chicago 85-77
5. Cincinnati 80-82
6. Pittsburgh 70-92

FOOTNOTE re: Milwaukee. This is assuming ANY health whatsoever...especially Sheets. Sheets was lights-out today...two- hit complete game.

I think the Twins are in a similar situation...with Mauer.

Anonymous said...

I'll chime in for the AL East.

1. New York
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Baltimore
5. Tampa Bay

In other words, just like the last three years. I'm not going to take a guess at wins, but I'd bet it'll only take 96 wins to take the division because the top three will be busy beating each other up.

Anonymous said...

I think the Tigers caught lightning in a bottle last year. Coupled with the Gambler out until at least July and they stumble a bit this year (still with 90 wins). Twins bat will crush this year and they will end up with around 95 wins and the Division title.

Brewers will improved but I think closer to 85 wins not 90.