I hope you are sitting down for this. Today, December 1st, 2007, is the one-year anniversary of What Jeff Thinks. Yes, I know that is amazing. It has been one year of incredible insight, rants, visions, tirades, innuendos, off-base prognostications, inaccuracies, and attempts at humor. There have been 157 total posts, including my first one on December 1, 2006. I am quite proud of some posts, and others are complete crap.
Obviously sports, sports stadiums, The Sasquatch, & tunes have been the major topics that I have written about. As you may recall, this blog was created by my wife because she was tired of listening to my rants about the aforementioned topics (especially, at the time, the Twins stadium). Well, this blog has served me well in the "blowing off steam" department. There have been some great conversations in the comments sections, too. I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read the blog, and those who have added comments. I'd also like to thank the "spell-check feature" on Blogger which has saved me from embarrassment many times. A special thank-you, however, goes out to "the regulars" whose comments have become an integral part of What Jeff Thinks. Some of the comments are better than the actual posts!
I have to admit there have been a few occasions that I have pondered shutting the blog down, but then something happens in the news that "I have to write about." So, here's to Year II of What Jeff Thinks. I'm sure there will be much to write about. The continued building of the Twins stadium, more proof of The Sasquatch (as if more is needed), concert reviews, putting plastic on windows, etc. I'd even allow for "guest posters." If you have something you'd like to rant about, send it to me. I'll post it as a "guest blogger," unless it is much funnier than anything that I have ever written. Then, we'll see.
Anyway, thanks again for Year I.
Peace,
Jeff
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
1 year... seriously?
Hardly seems possible.
I look forward to reading more of your wonderful stuff... w/o a doubt Jeff, you are the funniest guy I know (but I'm sure that's nothing you haven't heard a thousand tie from your wife & friends).
The Pantless Wonder.
Dear Pantless Wonder - thank you for the kind words! You know, a few of my friends have commented that they think I am humorous from time to time. However, I can say with 100% certainty that my wife has never called me "the funniest guy she knows." No question about that.
P.S. - it's 3:30, Saturday afternoon - any pants on right now?
Congrats Jeff! I wish I would have found your blog earlier! You are an inspiration!
I've been working hard for one year trying to figure out how to insert into your blog page a flash movie of a dude streaking and wailing. Still working.
Tito
amazing - seems like I've been heading your words of wisdom for ages. How did we get along without your insight before this fantastic medium existed? keep it up.
Ol Yeller is at the Turf Club as I write this. We should have planned an outing.
CR
heading / heeding - whatever
I guess I shouldn't drive to the Turf.
cr
I'm the guy Jeff's wife thinks is the funniest....or maybe it's Jase.
Congrats on the 1 yr survival.
--ronnie-san
Jeff
Shutting down the blog? That's crazy talk.
The world needs this blog...desperately.
Thanks again, everyone, for the kind comments. I now realize that this blog IS NEEDED.
Congrats on one year. Below are items I want to know What Jeff thinks about in the following year:
1. More music reviews, favorite concerts, favorite albums, favorite songs, etc.
2. Sasquatch, Sasquatch, Sasquatch.
3. Cool movies for guys in their early to mid-forties.
4. Favorite Beers and/or bars
Free - those are some excellent topics. I will be touching on all of those in 2008.
Post a Comment