Now, I am not trying to stir things up with this blog, but sometimes with something this hot, controversy cannot be avoided. I have tried to keep my postings non-controversial at the beginning of this site, with vanilla topics such as worthy tunes and the Vikings (who the whole world agrees suck). I have not even touched on the flying Imams who were detained at the Minneapolis airport. Or Zocor vs. Lipitor. Or possible designs of the new Twins stadium. Now there are some fist-flying, name-calling, I'm-going-to-leave-a-dead-fish-in-your-car topics. However, one supposedly vanilla topic has sparked fireworks already on day 4 - Canada.
Those of you who are loyal readers (Jase) may have read the comments and questions that I received from Anonymous regarding Canada. He was wondering how I might feel about the country being that I am a born and raised American (blue state nonetheless). I basically responded that I thought Canada was great. Well, a couple of comments to that opinion were posted shorty thereafter, one being from Jase and the other from Cordell and Erika. Now, I have a feeling that Erika may have been in the other room when this comment was added to the site. Cordell basically questioned Canada's manhood (I like the quote about the French and their bread), but said I should reserve judgement about Canada until I actually visit. Well, Anonymous read that comment and let me know that he wants to know one thing (and I quote):
"Who the F*&% are Cordell and Erika???"
After that question, Anonymous went on a pro-Canada rant that I wish that I could claim as my own. One thing that I have learned from my intelligent, witty Canadian brother in law is that you do not question Canada. Boy, this is good stuff. I can hardly wait to bring up the flying Imams. More later - it's bed time for this 40 year old!
Peace,
Jeff
Monday, December 4, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jeff wrote:
"One thing that I have learned from my intelligent, witty Canadian brother in law..."
You forgot "good looking"... unless of course this is a different intelligent, witty Canadian brother in-law.
The Pantless Wonder.
One more thing to throw fuel on the first. Without the US, Canada is basically Mexico with white people and some moose.
Erika
Post a Comment