Monday, December 1, 2008

The Blog.....Two Year Anniversary (!?)

I was going to talk about the Viking victory over the hated Bears until I realized that today, December 1st, 2008, is the two-year anniversary of What Jeff Thinks. Yes, it is true. I will post some thoughts about the game later this week, once it has been determined if Kevin and Pat Williams have been suspended by the NFL.

December 1, 2006 to December 1, 2008. Two years of Sasquatch speculation, incorrect sports prognostications, visions, talking politics out of both sides of my mouth, rumors, innuendo, stadium talk etc. I have to admit that I wasn't sure if the blog would last this long. I also have to admit that I have been getting a little lazy with my writing recently. My nights are filled with the kid's homework and other tasks these days and I am usually asleep by 9:30 so I am fresh for THE CHECK each morning. There is just not as much time to put all of my thoughts in writing.

Now, if some of you are starting to get worried (or excited) that I am thinking of shutting this blog down - don't worry. I have to keep this thing going for sanity reasons. After all, I have to complain about the Vikings/Gophers/Twins/Wolves/Wild/Packers/Bears/White Sox/Yankees/Red Sox/Canucks/Avs/Flames (and so on) to somebody. This thing serves a mental health purpose for me.

I also really enjoy reader comments. When I write a post at night, I look forward to waking up in the morning to see what comments might have been added. I have to admit I am a little bummed when there is none. I'd also like to thank the regular readers - tony8489, CR, Tito, The Pantless Wonder, Neil K., snyde043, Free, Dave M., KSue., Jase, Gilby, dools, Phil, Paul F., Jerry, Roger, Uncle Rob, Pete, Shane.......etc. Sorry if I forgot anyone! Thanks for taking the time to check the blog out.

I also would like to thank all of the "Anonymous" commenter's out there who take the time to leave a message. If you don't want to add your name, that's cool.

Lastly, in honor of the two-year anniversary of What Jeff Thinks, I told my daughter that she could pick out any picture and I would add it to this post. She thought about it, and here is what she decided: So there you go. Two years and counting...

Jeff

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Stay sane.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to YOU for doing it. Easy for us to just check in from time to time and add a thought, a quip or something less witty. Tell your daughter that's an awesome picture!

Jeff said...

Thanks Free - it's running about 60/40 that I will retain my sanity. Changes daily, however.

Thanks Gilby - it came down to Hello Kitty or Hannah Montana. Personally, I am glad she picked Hello Kitty. Hannah Montana is Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter, you know, which is kind of disturbing.

Anonymous said...

Also jeff, let's face it. Having a picture of the 16 year old Miley Cyrus on a blog written by a guy in his 40's would have been a little creepy.

Unknown said...

Jeffrey, please hand over your "Man Card" the next time we see each other. There shouldn't be any room from this "Anti-Masculin" figure on your site. j/k Gotta love kids...but I'm still serious about the man card statement. haha

Anonymous said...

Jeff...keep up the good work. It's been fun!

See you friday...I'll do my best to keep the streak alive!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff. So, are you suggesting that by writing this blog you have stayed sane for two years? From the reader side of things, a few of your posts would suggest otherwise.

Thanks for keeping it real buddy!

Shane

Anonymous said...

Nice Job! I wonder if that picture could be used to pay for an order at The Check?

Anonymous said...

My favorite memory of this blog has to be the bogus Bigfoot discovery and how seriously angry those BFRO guys were about it.

I would never have known about that without the blog.