Sunday, January 28, 2007

Very Interesting Video

Hey there everyone - it's officially zero degree's outside right now and I've promised to take my sons to the rink to play some hockey. What the hell am I thinking? I don't know. When you have the "haircut" like mine, you really feel the cold, too. I need to start growing my Adam Clayton white guy 'fro circa - 1981 for when I am playing bass with the Dad Band. I'll look like a complete jackass, but it will help when it is cold.

Speaking of Adam Clayton and U2, I don't know if you've heard about their new video. When you are an old guy like me, the only place you hear about new videos is in the newspaper. Sure enough, I was reading the Sunday paper and there was an entire article about this video. It is for their new song "Window In The Skies," and features clips of some of the most famous people in rock history "singing" the song through the magic of editing. Very, very cool. It's not funny like the Michelle Bachman video, but not much is. See how many bands you recognize - and look for members of U2 in the crowd shots. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VskbxuehP3I

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to you on the haircut. I bought a black knit cap and if I scowl when I wear it, I startle the elderly.

Anonymous said...

Alright - Zappa right from the get go!