I have received some feedback that much of my writing on this blog is of a very cynical nature. I have also received feedback that it is too heavy on the subject of sports. Well, for me sports and cynicism go hand in hand. Try watching the Vikings for three decades and see if you feel like Richard Simmons. Anyway, feedback is a gift (which is a saying from THE CHECK) and I don't want all of you out there to think that I am ungrateful for the things that I have in My Life. I am very, very thankful for the things that I have, and can actually identify the only two subjects that consistently get me pissed off:
1. Sports teams from Minnesota and their futility
2. Sports Stadiums, and the way Minnesota screws them up
So, this post is going is not going to be about those two things. This post is going to be about all of the things that make me happy. Here we go (in no particular order):
**My family. Have you ever heard that Talking Heads song that goes - "This is not my beautiful wife, This is not my beautiful house..." It's about a guy who can't believe he actually has these things in his life. I feel like that a lot. How did I go from living in a Shotgun Shack (136 Chippewa St.) to having the most wonderful wife and three best kids in the world? I have two great sisters, too. Must be doing something right.
**Friends. Jase, Jon, The Pantless Wonder, Jim, Al, Pedo, Dan, Shawn, Sean, Matt, Aaron, Charley, Chewie, Tom, Dean, De, Ronny-San, Brad, Pete, Tony and the list goes on and on. Lots of laughs and good memories - past, present and future.
**Tunes. Music can cheer you up, bum you out, get you mad, make you sick, make you think, psych you up, freak you out and make you cry. And it's all good. Listen to the Neil Young song "One Of These Days" and you will know what I am talking about.
**Indoor plumbing. How can you not like that?
**Beer. Ben Franklin once said "Beer is proof of a God and that He loves us and wants us to be happy." Amen Ben.
**Sports. Yeah, they piss me off. But they are a hell of a lot of fun. You can't beat taking the dudes to a Wild game at Xcel Energy Center!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT4KQMrH67w
**Cholesterol medication. Hey, I might be dead without it.
**Monkeys. Very, very funny animals. Proof that God has a sense of humor.
**The Sasquatch. He's out there. You think he ain't?
**Getting up on a weekend morning, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper while wearing those slippers my wife knitted for me.
**Lastly (for now), the combination of chocolate and caramel. Simply awesome. (See cholesterol medication).
That's all for now. Peace!
Jeff
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You know, when I made my list I can't even believe I forgot about indoor plumbing. It's going to be -20 here this weekend with the wind. I'd hate to have to go out in that just to take a shit.
You should be thankful you have sports teams to rage about. Think about what life would be like in say, Eastern Montana. You've got nothing.
Thanks Phil. Your list was an inspiration for me to create my own. Good point about the sports teams, too. If we had no teams, my blood pressure would be lower, but it would be a lot less fun!
Jeff
Best blog to date...
Post a Comment