Well, it's 4:39 on Sunday afternoon, and it looks like the Chicago Bears are going to represent the National Football Conference in the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman just threw a touchdown pass to put the Bears up by 11. The receiver had to make a circus catch, of course, which is the only way to catch most passes from Grossman. The Bears in the Super Bowl. How we got to this point, I will never know. Did anyone see the Packers take the Bears starters apart the last week of the season? The Vikings should've (would've, could've) beat them if it wasn't for a late fumble for God's sakes. I've spent 40 years hating this team, which may be one reason they are in the Super Bowl, now that I think about it.
The Bears certainly have a capable defense, but they may have the single worst offense (if not team) to ever take the field in a Super Bowl. The Baltimore Ravens under the helm of Trent Dilfer holds the current "worst offense in the Super Bowl." Rex Grossman makes Trent Dilfer look like Johnny Unitas, however. Now, I know what you are all thinking. I am jealous. I will admit that, yes, of course I am jealous because I am a Viking fan and I have accepted that they will never, ever, win a Super Bowl. And, yes, I'd rather be the worst team to win in a Super Bowl than the best team to never win it. No question. I have fully accepted that the Vikings will never win the Big One, with one exception - if they move to another city they will win it within two years - guaranteed.
Oh, well. What can you do? I'll settle in to watch the Patriots-Colts game to see who will be destroying the Bears in the Super Bowl - guaranteed.
Peace.
Jeff
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You will never know victory with all of that hatred in your heart-I feel sorry for you. Go Bears!
-Roger
What was it you once said about being a cynic?
Yeah - one of these days I'm going to write a 100% positive post. Sports will not be mentioned.
Post a Comment