Friday, January 5, 2007

Funny People and Idiots

When it comes to humor, my favorite characters have always been well-meaning, yet slow-witted individuals. I've always loved characters with grandiose plans to solve the world's problems (or their own), but can't see the forest for the trees. I think I learned this as a child while watching Laurel and Hardy with my dad. This introduction to humor led to my love of Archie Bunker, Barney Fife, Homer Simpson, Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes, Jeff Lebowski and virtually all other Coen brothers characters. Although these characters are fictional, they are true reflections of our real selves, whether we like to admit it or not.

Once in awhile, however, a real life idiot gets caught on film and rivals anything Laurel and Hardy ever acted out. I happen to have one of those films in this post. Now, I don't think this guy "meant well" like the other individuals that I named earlier. In fact, he was trying to rob a liquor store, and got caught on the security camera. It does my heart good to see things like this once in a while to remind me that in this serious world of violence, war, etc., some things happen that are pretty damn funny. Please watch this in it's entirety for full comic effect.

Jeff

http://www.glumbert.com/media/badrobber

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

JDT - I thought you would appreciate the following commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

Hey, I thought it was related, seeing there was a liquor store in the video and the commercial is about beer, and picking on Cordell.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found another lovely video on the internet - bit of a Canadian theme again, I hope Cordell doesn't take offense.

http://ryannorthcott.com/wordpress/2007/01/03/the-wood-spider-canadas-spider/

Double click on the video link

Jeff said...

Dear J. Canadian - thanks for the video links. That "Spiders on Drugs" one is some real good humor. One question - it mentions that the "First Church of Christ" was involved with the filmmaking. Your Canadian churches sure are different than the midwestern Lutheran ones that I am used to. Anyway, Godspeed.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Jeff:

These made me happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2Y1IkJwCU

and

http://www.angryalien.com/

Godspeed.
God wants you to buy an amp for your wicked bass.

Tito Jackson said...

Word

I've changed my name from amynymous. I now have a name.

Jeff said...

Dear Tito - thanks for the vids. Techmology is truly amazing. I feel in my soul that an amp for the wicked bass is very near, and the band will begin for real.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff,
I'd like to make a suggestion for your blog-page.

Perhaps somewhere on this page you might open up a temporary area where your jazzed readers could post questions for advice from you. Maybe call it "Dear Jeffy" We could post questions like:

Dear Jeffy,
My in-laws and I don't have anything in common. Got any ideas what may help warm-up our relationship?

or...

Dear Jeffy,
Do you have a good recipe for leftover chicken?

or....

Dear Jeffy,
What's a really good resolution for this year?

or...

Dear Jeffy,
What do you think of the recent Vanessa Manillo/Nick Lachey hook-up?

I think you could tear-it-up!

Jeff said...

Dear Anonymous - I appreciate the idea for the blog. I will have to give this some thought. The problem is that I only profess to have knowledge of a few things - sports, sports stadiums, tunes, cholesterol, politics and beer (see my first-ever post). Now, I have "opinions" on other matters, but they are often baseless and can easily be swayed with beer.
I can try to answer the questions you posed to me:

In-laws: Remember - mine are great, but scotch helps
Leftover Chicken: Throw away - just asking to get sick if you eat
Good New Year Resolution: Excercise less
Recent Vanessa Manillo/Nick Lachey hook-up: I don't know who these people are, but the over/under for Hollywood hookups is two weeks.

Thank you.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

A question for Tito...What the hell has Randy been up to lately?

Tito Jackson said...

Randy Moss?

Anonymous said...

no...Randy Jackson...you're brother!