Friday, January 19, 2007

Recent Things That Make Me Think...

Here are some of the things that I have been thinking about lately:

1. If a person is going to express themselves with a bumper sticker on their car, it is rather ineffective to stick one on that is a paragraph long and in 4 point font. It is the equivalent of mumbling during a speech. When you are driving 70 miles down the highway, and trying to read the bumper sticker, it is nearly impossible and quite dangerous. The following sentiment probably should not be displayed in the form of a bumper sticker on your car:

The Earth is our Mother and should not be taken lightly or we're all going to end up dying which is going to happen anyway because George Bush is an idiot and Global Warming is real which is melting the Polar Ice Caps as we speak and is killing the polar bears and will flood everyone just like Al Gore said in that movie which I haven't seen yet because I went to see The Break Up instead but don't tell anyone.

Trying to read that would cause a 40-car pile up on 35E during rush hour, which is not good for the environment either. Please limit your bumper stickers to 10 words or less. Thank you,

2. Each night, due to my obsession with Twins stadium news, I scour the Internet for updates on Hennepin County's inability to purchase the land on which the stadium will be located. As I have stated in a previous post, I will not believe this stadium will be built until I have attended at least 5 games in it. Anyway, through some serious Search Engine detective work, I have located a blog that proves there are other people out there just like me (scary). Here is a link to that blog:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/snackeru/greet/

At least now I know that if Hennepin County botches the stadium, I won't be alone when I jump off the High Bridge!

3. Ok. You readers have to help me with this third one. Now, I'm not trying to stir anything up, or come across as the next David Duke or anything, but I read something on CNN.com today that really made me wonder. The story was about Muslims who are "upset about being portrayed as terrorists" on the latest episode of 24. Here is a link to that story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/19/24.muslims.ap/index.html

Ah.........huh? Yeah, that would bum me out too. But, if blond Lutherans were flying planes into buildings, along with carrying out daily suicide bombings around the world and had a "club" who's motto was "Death to America," I would expect blond Lutheran terrorists to end up in an episode of 24. What nationality should the "fictional" terrorists be? Dutch? Samoan? They had some Russian terrorists in last year's storyline, and nobody in Moscow freaked out. The Russians accept that they have a good portion of terrorists on their soil, and it makes for a good plot. Now, if 24 continues to utilize Muslims as terrorists, I am sure there will be some serious protesting. Just like when The Pope mentioned in a speech that Islam could be "a violent religion." To protest being called violent, radical Muslim's responded worldwide by burning things, kidnapping and hanging the Pope in effigy.

These are the things that make me think....

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff...I think I may be able to help with no.3

Stop visiting cnn.com already!

you do know what CNN stands for don't you? Clinton News Network.

Anonymous said...

Remember where you where when Reagan bombed Libya? I was having a pitcher of Walter's discussing the news with friends over a Hot Nunzio. The pilots of that mission could have been blond lutherans. Think about it.