Boy, did Chilly have 'em ready to play today. After crossing into a parallel universe last week and actually defeating San Diego, the Minnesota Vikings were back today to embarrassing the entire State of Minnesota. Now this is what I am used to. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, folks. As I am writing this, the Packers are beating the Vikings 34 - 0. I was a little off on my prediction that the Vikes would lose on a last-second pass. Even I could not anticipate this type of ineptitude. They were dominated in every facet of the game. A few things are apparent:
1. I do not experience one ounce of pleasure from watching football. Once again, I am three hours closer to death. I could have been kayaking or skydiving or something. Why do I do this?
2. The Vikings need 3 completely different quarterbacks next year. Or next week, even. They. Are. All. Terrible.
3. This may have been the worst game the Vikings played in the last 10 years. Now that is saying something. There is a lot of competition for that honor.
4. Did Darren Sharper play today?
5. What do you bet the doctors "find" something in Adrienne Peterson's knee this week that is serious. And by the way, if somebody would have put that same hit on Brettfavre, they would have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct and probably kicked out of the game.
6. Watch a replay of the 4th-quarter pass that TWO Vikings deflected in the end zone that somehow ended up in the hands of a Packer for a touchdown and tell me that the Packers are not living a charmed existence. But, you know what? You make your own luck. Folks, the Packers are going to WIN the Super Bowl. I called it after Week 3. There is nothing that can be done to stop this supernatural train now. And Brettfavre will be the MVP on the NFL.
Count on it.
Jeff
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
If Adrian Peterson is done for the year... so am I. I will not watch another second of football this season if we'e been robbed of the one pleasure the Vikings have to offer.
ps... Yes, that includes skipping out on the SuperBowl.
The Pantless Wonder.
So much for "All Day".
Viking Lore.
The only thing I can say is that Brettfarve was on my fantasy team this week. I also had the insight to have their defense on my team. I only regret I took Ryan Grant off my start list. I am not a Packer fan, but I guess sometimes Lombardi is somewhere pulling the strings for them.
The Academy Leader
Thanks Academy Leader, I see your point. Starting the Packers defense against the Vikes was a good call. This is another reason why I can't play Fantasy Football, however. I've always had an issue saying, "I'm kind of glad Brettfavre embarrassed my favorite team because I got points in fantasy."
That's like France saying, "I hate the Germans but I'm glad they took over Paris because I have Hitler in my WWII fantasy pool." I just can't do it.
Jeff,
Do you want to start a world domination fantasy league? I mean the options are limitless. It would be like Risk, but less geeky. Not that geeky is not cool.
Did you hear that thud? That was the Lions crashing back to Earth! Welcome back Lions!
Dools
Dools - a world domination fantasy pool is an excellent idea. That might be an upcoming blog topic.
The Lions loss to the Cardinals was very "90's Vikingesque." The Vikings under Denny "meatball" Green would KILL poople in the dome, and then go on the road and lose to horrible teams. Denny is not on the Lion coaching staff, is he?
Post a Comment