Happy Saturday everyone.
Tidbit #1. I read an article in the Star Tribune this morning stating that the four Hennepin County Commissioners who voted in favor of the Twins stadium are receiving threats from "certain" anti-stadium members of the public. The only thing that surprises me about this news is that it took so long for a few of these unstable, anti-stadium wing-nuts to react with violent threats. Maybe the fact that the construction of the stadium infrastructure is now actually visible was the last straw for these folks. Apparently, all four Commissioners have received threatening letters to their houses, one claiming that "judgement day is coming." Nice.
In addition, Commissioner Mike Opat was recently mugged outside of his Robbinsdale home. So far, the crime has been called random, but I wouldn't put this act past a few of the anti-stadium freaks. After all, if you don't get your way, name-calling , threats and violence is the way to react, right? Granted, many of the anti-stadium posts that I've read on other blogs are from well-spoken, level-headed people who just happen to have a different opinion than me on the topic. A few posters, however, come across as simply having a personal vendetta against these Commissioners. If I was the cops, I would be interested in "questioning" a few of these guys after what happened to Opat.
Tidbit #2: I have been asked quite frequently if I think the Vikings will beat the Packers this weekend. Well, no I don't. I believe the game will be close, however. In fact, I believe the Vikings will hold a three point lead with less than 4 minutes to play. They will have the ball and be forced to punt to the Packers after some bad Chilly play-calling. Brettfavre (one word) will attempt to drive the Pack down the field for the tying field goal and send the game to overtime. BUT the Pack will WIN when Favre hits Greg Jennings on a slant. Jennings will split and get behind the safeties. Jennings will "take it to the house" with less than 10 seconds remaining. Lambeau Leap ensues, 24-20 Packers. Supernatural. Count on it.
Tidbit #3: I've been listening to Jason Isbell's "Sirens of the Ditch" quite a bit lately, the first solo effort from the lead singer of The Drive By Truckers. Isbell continues with the "Alt-Country" tradition of the Truckers, who have been called "the Southern Replacements." Check it out if you are looking for some new tunes - it's excellent. Highlights include the Mellencamp-like rocker "Brand New Kind of Actress" and the twangy ballad "Dress Blues" about a soldier who does not return home from Iraq. If you like The Drive By Truckers, you will love this album.
Peace,
Jeff
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
pack 28 vikes 7
Could be. Fits into The Vision....
The Vikings can win this one... watch out Packer fans.
Can someone please give me a refill on purple Kool-Aid?
The Pantless Wonder.
Post a Comment