Sunday, November 4, 2007

296 Yards !?!

A few thoughts on the day in football (and one hockey note):

1. I have to admit that I am amazed at the Vikings performance today. Beforehand, this game had all the markings of a good, sound San Diego thrashing of the Vikes. But they beat the Chargers 35-17, for God sakes. It's almost like the Metrodome crossed into a parallel universe this afternoon. The Vikes had a great pass rush, and held LaDainian Tomlinson to 40 yards rushing.

The most amazing performance, however, was that of Adrian Peterson. All he did today was set an all-time NFL single-game rushing record with 296 yards on 30 carries. That's two games this year in which Peterson has rushed for more than 200 yards. The dude can play. As I have said before, there is now a reason to watch Viking games.

2. OK, Dools. Maybe Detroit is better than I thought.

3. The Packers Super (natural) Bowl drive continues. They are now 7 and 1 after coming from behind and beating Kansas City. It's happening, folks, and no amount of logic can stop it.

4. Lastly, Jase and I attended the Wild game last night against the hated Calgary Flames. The Wild won 4 - 1, and are now 6-0 in games in which Jase attends. I will be calling the Wild offices tomorrow to see if they will provide season tickets to Jase.

Peace,

Jeff

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lastly, Jase and I attended the Wild game last night against the hated Calgary Flames. The Wild won 4 - 1, and are now 6-0 in games in which Jase attends. I will be calling the Wild offices tomorrow to see if they will provide season tickets to Jase.


Jeff,

I have been to 10 Wild games and they are 1-9 in those games (they did beat the Wings in OT, arrgghhh). Maybe they might want to block my access next time I show up at a game.

Adrian Peterson, kinda makes that no-brainer pick of Calvin Johnson not such a no-brainer. In my fantasy league his day was worth 49 points!

Anonymous said...

I saw history today... that's right, I spent good money to attend a Minnesota Vikings game.

Here's a picture of my son >>>Chargers fan<<< after the historic event.

http://file037a.bebo.com/11/large/2007/11/05/00/2865564863a6023287892l.jpg


Call of the game... with seconds left in the 1st half I suggest to my son that he watch the defender near the goal post. My son replies... "Why?" My exact words to Riley [son] "#31 is gonna take this missed FG to the house".

The Pantless Wonder.

Anonymous said...

Peterson scares the hell out of me everytime he touched the ball.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm with you anonymous. I was listening on the radio and Paul Allen announces that (Defenders Name) was 7 yards back in the end zone. I said to my son, just wait, that guy's gonna bring it back for a Touchdown.

Anonymous said...

Viking Lore.

The 109 yard TD was typical Viking Lore in a game they would have normally lost by 6 in the past.

The 250 yards in the second half only will extend Viking Lore. By this I mean that our new star, by the virtue of Viking Lore which includes a missed field goal by Gary Anderson, will soon be known as the oft-injured Viking running back.

I say it not to hurt, but every one of you Viking fans out there that has tried to live and die with the Vikings know I speak the truth.

With apologies to Dan Cole...The Lore will be restored.

Jeff said...

Yeah, every Viking fan knows deep down that Peterson is too good to be true. I thought the same thing about Moss at first, but the difference is that Moss is crazy (i.e. nuts). It was only a matter of time before he got arrested for something. Peterson, on the other hand, seems like a humble, nice kid.

I hope you are wrong, Dave, but karma is a tough thing to overcome.

Anonymous said...

Suffice to say that Tony's moniker of "Purple Jesus" now stands as the official title of one Adrian Peterson.