I got an e-mail from my sister (that would be What Jeff Think's sister) that had photos from the 1977 JC Penny catalog. Outstanding. The height of leisure suits. And those of you who know me realize that I am into leisure suits. I like that way they fit and feel. These pictures solidify my belief that I should have been born about 15 years earlier so I could have experienced The '70's in the height of the Disco, leisure suit craze. I would have feathered my hair big-time and grew a sweet mustache and boogied the night away. Check these out and you'll know what I am talking about:
Look at this and tell me with a straight face that I would not make this look good. If it gets hot, you just lose the the coat for some serious comfort. Next....
Speaking of hot, this little number takes the cake. And, it's got collars so you can wear it at the golf course OR at THE CHECK. That leads us to....
...This matching "his 'n' her" set. Sweet and doubly sexy. You could play hide 'n' seek and lay on the bed sheet and nobody would ever find you. Or you could trade shirts with your honey and nobody would know the difference. These would have matched some wallpaper at my parents house in the '70's, by the way. And lastly....
...possibly the greatest shirt that I have ever seen. Kind of an "Urban Cowboy" theme for those hot disco nights. Once again, if it gets too hot, you simply unbutton that middle section to unleash the manly chest hair and serious gold necklace. Nice.
No question, I should have been born 15 years earlier.
Groovy,
Jeff

6 comments:
that urban cowboy shirt is strong. looking at all those threads makes me pine for the days of the rockford files...in my opinion the best show ever
yes...don't forget Starsky & Hutch, though.
Yes, and Three's Company. Mr. Roper had some sweet, sweet leisure suits. Ugly, crazy wife, though.
I am not sure what disturbs me more-the speed with which Viking fans turn their backs on their team (there will never be such a thing as Viking Nation) or that you have these catalogs lying around the house. Do you gaze upon these pages as a teen girl might-lying on your bed with feet up in the air behind you? Weird picture in my head...
Thank you for the comments, anonymous. I'm not sure Vikings fans "turn their back" on the team, we just realize there is no hope. It's like Dave Mats says, if they draft a guy like AP, we know he will get hurt. It's not a matter of "if," it's "when."
As far as the 1977 pictures, I only wish I had the actual catalogs. It is probably a good thing I don't, however, because not much would get done around the house. They not only have cool clothes, they have groovy furniture. Lime green and stuff...
Cup-Cake, I'm w/ you 100%... I also wonder how great it would have been for me had I been lucky enough to have been born 15 yrs earlier.
I remember as a young child taking dance... yes, I said dance. I recall learning the "Chicka-Boom" & the "Hustle". Later in life, as a teen, I was lucky enough to own a Gran Torino (same ride as Starsky).
Shortly after purchasing the Gran Torino the style changed drastically... picture this, I'm wearing a thin knit tie in my graduation picture (thank God I decided against the piano tie).
The Pantless Wonder.
Post a Comment