Sunday, September 23, 2007

Won't Get Fooled Again (until next Sunday)

Second post of the day. These football post's are going to get less frequent, people. Here are my thoughts on this Sunday's games:

1. Vikes lose to KC, 13-10. The Offense is horrible. Kelly Holcolmb is really slow. Adrienne Peterson is literally the entire offense. It was beautiful outside, and I watched too much of the game again, but at least I got some exercise in. I stand by my 4-12 prediction for the Vikings.

2. Detroit is "back to normal," losing 56-21 to Philadelphia. Dools - why did Kitna have to pick the Vikes to play the game of his life?

3. Once again, I called the major turning point in the Packers game. I was talking to my friend Pete on the phone, and he mentioned the Packers were down 21-17. I said "Favre will throw the go ahead touchdown pass on the next drive." The was an IMMEDIATE cut-in to Farve throwing a slant to Donald Driver for 50-some yards, putting the Pack up 24-21.

Folks, I had a vision last week. I am not kidding when I say this: The Packers are going to win the NFC North this year, and possibly the Super Bowl (Packers over Patriots??). I am not joking. Jase, get ready, because something supernatural is going on here. Favre is going to be holding the Lombardi trophy with tears in his eyes, proclaiming he "might retire." You heard it here first. I am not kidding.

Seriously,

Jeff

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeff

While I agree the Packers are off to a great start, I would very surprised if they end up winning the NFC central.

Furthermore, I would be stupified if they won the Super Bowl.

But It warms my heart to know you are providing psychic energy to that end.

Thanks!

Jeff said...

Jase - the vision (brought on by too many Frosty Floats) was very real. Spooky almost.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Lions came crashing back to Earth. I enjoyed the short ride. One good thing about being a Lions fan, I've learned to not get too excited about this team!

I really hope your vision about the Packers is not accurate.

Mike

tony8489 said...

I agree with jeff on the packers vision. imagine the movie. "dueling banjos" plays softly in the beginning, as they show a close-up of a trailer park with a still in the front yard, surrounded by a dozen pink flamingos littered around the property. dirty diapers,empty beer cans are strewn all over the place. a rusty clotheslines. abandoned for years, touches the sky. a small walmart plastic pool, half filled with dirty water lies on its side. the announcer begins. "this is where it all began, so many years ago..."

Anonymous said...

On a lighter note, what do you think about the Jena 6 contorversy?

Jeff said...

Allan - got to admit that I have been so focused on the "important" issues of the day like sports and Frosty Floats, I have not focused in on this controversy. I could barely pull myself away from "the day in sports" to write the Ahmadinejad post. The Jena 6 thing seems like a very tense situation.

What's your take on it?

Anonymous said...

My Lord, if youyr vision comes true I;'m going to have to give up completely on the NFL. WNBA anybody?

Anonymous said...

That Brad Childress must be really smart - you know, Mike Martz kinda smart! He's got the vision all ironed out in his mind, but last I heard, he hadn't shared that with the rest of his staff, owner, management or players. BTW: Note the lack of Wilfy-time we're getting this season. He's laying in the weeds and getting the love boat ready to set sail to LA within 3 years. Just a hunch!

Congrats to the Pack on their great start. Gotta love that Favre. He'd look great in purple.

And as to the Lions, I'd like to borrow a quote from a familiar source to forecast their destiny; The Lions "are who we thought they are... and we let them off the hook."

Jeff said...

Hey Gilby - you are correct on the lack of Wilf-time this year. The bridge collapse could not have come at a worse time for his stadium plans. Although articles seem to pop up from time to time about him "still being interested" in the Strib land. Who knows?

I heard you guys had your annual Northern Minnesota golf tourny recently. How did that go?

Anonymous said...

let's just say if you could get Mel to blog here, you'd have four times the audience you currently experience...