Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Happening Again....

Just two short days ago, the Chicago Cubs had a three-game lead with six games to play over the Milwaukee Brewers in the National League Central. The Cubs lost last night and the Brewers won. As I write this, the Cubs are losing to the Marlins 4-2 and the Brewers are just starting. The Cubs lead could be down to one game with four to play by later tonight.

It's happening again.

Does anyone doubt the Curse of The Billy Goat???

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff -

I was a believer until about 7:10 CST thurs. evening when the Blewers made it painfully obvious they had no desire whatsoever to capitilize on the Cubs plan to hand them the division.

On a brighter note, my pre-season prediction of the Blewers coming in second in the N.L. Central, and not winning the wild-card, materialized!

Jeff said...

Alas, Jase, it is true. I really thought the Brewers were going to pull it off.

So, who will beat the Cubs in the playoffs? And it what astonishing fashion will it happen?