I like hockey but man the NHL season is way too long. I just can't even think about hockey until November. Besides getting rid of about 4 teams, NHL should shorten the season to 72 games.
Ah, tony8489 - still trying to instigate controversy. That's good stuff. I'll be talking about hockey quite a bit this year. One, because I have always liked it, and two, because the Wild is one of two competant franchises in the Twin Cities right now (the Twins arguably being the other).
Free - I agree that some changes need to be made in the NHL, although I'm not as bothered by the number of games. I think that they should get rid of up to 4 teams that have zero attendance even when they are good. Those are Atlanta, Carolina, Florida & Nashville - terrible hockey markets. I'd like to see a team back in Winnepeg, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Losing 4 teams would increase the talent level on the other squads. There is no question that hockey is a regional sport, and the NHL should stop claiming it could be popular nationally.
The NHL also has to get rid of the unbalanced schedule, and realign the divisions so the Wild are back with Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis.
I just couldn't imagine walking into your house to see what you had to say, then stick around to articulate how bored I am listening to you talk. Does the internet somehow insulate people in a way that makes them think it's appropriate to be rude. I mean almost confrontational rude.
hey anonymous-I cannot imagine walking into your house, and seeing nothing but your "how to win friends and influence people book" you have been reading since you last made your appearance a few months ago. do us all a favor and get the f.ck off this blog with your 4th grade takes and mindless observations. you don't like this blog, do us all a favor and stay the hell away. I cannot wait for you to enlighten us with your response. remember, daily kos will always have a place for you, loser.
Hey Jase - the interesting thing is that I can write about politics, stadium funding, and even The Sasquatch (for God sakes), and it turns out that two of the most controversial things that I have ever said are:
1. The North Dakota hockey team has too many Canadians.
and...
2. Hockey is back, and that makes me happy.
This ain't the New York Times, people. I just kind of type in what I'm feeling, usually after a couple of beers. I'm kind of excited to take my son to the Wild season opener, though. And then YOU are coming up for that game against the Flames on 11/3...
Look neil, I don't need to surround myself with like minded political people, in fact I prefer not to, because I enjoy a good debate. what I do not enjoy is name calling, high emotions, and tantrums. this board contains many examples of what I am talking about. Just see previous posts of the names I have been called.
18 comments:
yawn
Sorry. Let me know how I can entertain you.
anything but your mindless shill regarding the wild. how about what is better: boxers or briefs?
I like hockey but man the NHL season is way too long. I just can't even think about hockey until November. Besides getting rid of about 4 teams, NHL should shorten the season to 72 games.
agree, free. you know what else is long? an entire year of jeff jocking the wild
Ah, tony8489 - still trying to instigate controversy. That's good stuff. I'll be talking about hockey quite a bit this year. One, because I have always liked it, and two, because the Wild is one of two competant franchises in the Twin Cities right now (the Twins arguably being the other).
Free - I agree that some changes need to be made in the NHL, although I'm not as bothered by the number of games. I think that they should get rid of up to 4 teams that have zero attendance even when they are good. Those are Atlanta, Carolina, Florida & Nashville - terrible hockey markets. I'd like to see a team back in Winnepeg, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Losing 4 teams would increase the talent level on the other squads. There is no question that hockey is a regional sport, and the NHL should stop claiming it could be popular nationally.
The NHL also has to get rid of the unbalanced schedule, and realign the divisions so the Wild are back with Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis.
Jeff
Jeff:
I just couldn't imagine walking into your house to see what you had to say, then stick around to articulate how bored I am listening to you talk. Does the internet somehow insulate people in a way that makes them think it's appropriate to be rude. I mean almost confrontational rude.
Unbalanced schedule is gone next year. I still argue for less games. Season starts in October, ends in June for a "Winter" sport?
hey anonymous-I cannot imagine walking into your house, and seeing nothing but your "how to win friends and influence people book" you have been reading since you last made your appearance a few months ago. do us all a favor and get the f.ck off this blog with your 4th grade takes and mindless observations. you don't like this blog, do us all a favor and stay the hell away. I cannot wait for you to enlighten us with your response. remember, daily kos will always have a place for you, loser.
jeff, tony, anon...
he he, I love the witty banter.
Hey Jase - the interesting thing is that I can write about politics, stadium funding, and even The Sasquatch (for God sakes), and it turns out that two of the most controversial things that I have ever said are:
1. The North Dakota hockey team has too many Canadians.
and...
2. Hockey is back, and that makes me happy.
This ain't the New York Times, people. I just kind of type in what I'm feeling, usually after a couple of beers. I'm kind of excited to take my son to the Wild season opener, though. And then YOU are coming up for that game against the Flames on 11/3...
Godspeed Jase.
Jeff
Jeff-
I can't wait!
I think we should try to scare up an extra ticket for tony?
Perhaps tony would also enjoy a bit of Sasquatch hunting afterwards?
you guys can take the overrated wild and shove them up your as. unless you have a suite of course.
tony - no suite. Couldn't pull that off. Lower level, though!
Look neil, I don't need to surround myself with like minded political people, in fact I prefer not to, because I enjoy a good debate. what I do not enjoy is name calling, high emotions, and tantrums. this board contains many examples of what I am talking about. Just see previous posts of the names I have been called.
Seriously, has anyone had the new Frosty Float at Wendy's?
Jeff
I have...scrumptious.
I bought three Frosty Floats and brought them home for my boys. They enjoyed the heck out of them while playing NHL hockey on their Playstation.
Post a Comment