Sunday, September 30, 2007

Viking-Packer Day

Today is the day the Vikings play the Packers. Growing up, this was always a huge day for me, filled with emotion. The match-up has lost much of its luster for me because:

A. The Vikings have gone in a decade-long tailspin, replete with off-field boat cruises and other scandals. They have threatened to move out of Minnesota. They have changed uniforms to something that looks like it's out of the Arena Football League. And, Fred Smoot was on the team. That slone could make a grown man cry.

B. The Packers usually win. And they will win again today. I'm going with 31-13.

Today, however, there is an added element to The Game. I'm not sure if you have heard this, but if (Packer Quarterback) Brett Favre throws one more touchdown pass, he will officially become the all-time passing touchdown leader in the N.......F.........L. Will he do it? Yes. First drive, probably around 12:09 CST. Now, I wanted to let you all know this because I wasn't sure if were able to find a story in the media about this. Or even a picture of Brett Favre. So, I wanted to alert all of you to the fact that this is happening.

I did catch a glimpse of an interesting picture in today's Star Tribune. It was a picture of a Packer fan holding a sign that read (and I quote):

"Brett's Continuing Journey Is Our Reward"

OK, come on. Who sits down and makes a sign that says that? I can see "We Love Brett," or "Brett Is The Best." But - "Brett's Continuing Journey Is Our Reward?" Not only is it wordy, but it is one step closer to religious imagary. Speaking of religious imagary, those of you who are Viking fans should enjoy this post on a Viking blog entitled "10 Reasons Brett Favre is Not Jesus." Jase - you may not like it so much. But, Jase, please keep in mind that being a Viking fan is kind of miserable, and we need to find humor wherever possible. I can't imagine, by the way, having a blog devoted to the Vikings. Anyway, here it is:

http://thevikingage.com/2007/09/28/10-reasons-brett-favre-is-not-jesus/

Peace,

Jeff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff...

Good Stuff, but I'm not sure I understand the No. 10?

Jeff said...

Jase - because when John Madden broadcasts a Packer game, his gushing about Favre boarders on sexual.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Ah...I see.

I missed that one.

Anonymous said...

11. Jesus wears a toga... Brett Favre wears Wranglers (that stylish hunk).


The Pantless Wonder