But, I digress. I know what else you are wondering - did I see the Sasquatch? Well, no. I could have sworn I heard some Sasquatch-like shrieks at night, but it turns out it was just some kids at an adjacent campsite. Then, I thought I saw a Sasquatch footprint, but it was just a sinkhole. We were very close to Fountain, you see, which is the Sinkhole Capital of Minnesota (it's true - look it up). Anyway, I am not deterred in my belief that the Sasquatch has been in that area. They are elusive creatures, as we all know from that episode of In Search Of. Anyway, we all had a great time, and I'd certainly camp again. Hell, I'll be an REI regular in no time.
Then, I was able to watch the Vikes enough when I returned to form the following opinions:
1. Adrienne Peterson will be the "real deal" if he stays healthy. He rushed 19 times for 103 yards and caught 1 pass for 60 yards and a TD in his professional debut. As I have said before, however, he is probably slipping in the shower and breaking a kneecap as I write this.

2. The defense looks solid. I am hoping this has to do more with defensive improvement and less with the fact that Joey Harrington was the opposing QB, which leads to #3.
3. Joey Harrington still sucks. Which leads to #4.
4. I like Tavarius Jackson, because he is not Joey Harrington, but I don't think he is the long-term answer at QB. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes, which is great if the Vikes are playing conservatively while holding a lead. If they fall behind by more than one score, however, I think they are doomed. I don't see T. Jack leading them downfield for a bunch of quick scores - ever.
5. It took the Vikes exactly one defensive play to receive their first "roughing the passer" penalty of 2007. Good to get that out of the way early.
6.. Granted, I didn't see the whole game, but I also did not see Troy Williamson get hit in the head with a pass. Could this be a sign of good things to come?
I watched enough of the game to ascertain these six things. On a side note, Packer fans who may be reading this can thank me for the muffed punt with 59 seconds left by Eagle J.R Reed - I called it. Nice job, J.R.! My football coach back in 4th grade would have kicked my ass if I would have made the same decision to sprint in from 15 yards out and try and catch the punt by diving at it. Priceless.
Overall, it was a great weekend other than the Sasquatch thing. Now, me and Tito Jackson will be attending The Flaming Lips show tonight at The Myth. So many social engagements, so little time.
Peace,
Jeff
7 comments:
Jeff
I'm discouraged there was no Sasquatch sightings this weekend, butI know you remain undeterred...We'll find him!
Thanks for your help on the muffed punt in the Packer game!
Hy Jase - no problem, I felt it in my bones. I think the Pack is going to be a little better than most people think this year.
Jeff makes an excellent camping partner. Not much for the scarey noises, but really packs well. A case of High Life and some pork sausage, plus he brings his kids to entertain mine, and his wife to entertain mine. All that is left is sitting around the fire discussing the ways; the ways that Micheal Vick has disappointed humanity, and how a mysterious O. Laden happened to have camped in site #73 the night prior to the Thompson arrival. Good times, could have been a commercial for something.
Hello Bro-in-law. You know, I sill wonder about that 6'8"" guy that you mentioned - O. Laden - that was at campsite #73 the night before. Nobody seemed to pay much attention to him, or the fact that he rode in on a camel.
Seemed like kind of an ass-hole too. He didn't pick up any of his litter. And that chanting...he wouldn't shut up!
He had some good knock-knock jokes, though...
So what did you think of the Flaming Lips. Click my name for a review of the show.
I bet jeff packs good
Free - see my comments on your blog.
Tony8489 - good one.
Jeff
Post a Comment