So, I'm just about to turn in for the night around 9:00 (I'm 40 now, you know) and I happen to be searching some web sites for the latest Twins stadium news (it's an obsession). I come across the Kare 11 web site, and they have a link to stories from Wisconsin called "Across Wisconsin." Oh, hey, I was born there, lets see what's going on. Here was today's story:
A 20-year-old Superior man received probation after he was convicted of having sexual contact with a dead deer. The sentence also requires Bryan James Hathaway to be evaluated as a sex offender and treated at the Institute for Psychological and Sexual Health in Duluth, Minn." The state believes that particular place is the best to provide treatment for the individual," Assistant District Attorney Jim Boughner said. Hathaway's probation will be served at the same time as a nine-month jail sentence he received in February for violating his extended supervision. He was found guilty in April 2005 of felony mistreatment of an animal after he killed a horse with the intention of having sex with it. He was sentenced to 18 months in jail and two years of extended supervision on that charge as well as six years of probation for taking and driving a vehicle without the owner's consent. Hathaway pleaded no contest earlier this month to misdemeanor mistreatment of an animal for the incident involving the deer. He was sentenced Tuesday in Douglas County Circuit Court."The type of behavior is disturbing," Judge Michael Lucci said. "It's disturbing to the public. It's disturbing to the court."
And, it's disturbing to Jeff. A dead deer. Hey, I like venison too, but this is taking things a bit far. To make matters worse, it's not this guy's first offense. A horse? Even worse (if that's possible) a dead horse? I will ask again - why Wisconsin? Couldn't this guy be from Michigan? Hey - I've visited the UP of Michigan and it's a little weird up there. Maybe they just don't report on these types of "incidents."
Boy, I sure hope the Institute for Psychological and Sexual Health in Duluth has a good outpatient program for guys who like dead animals. A person must have to attend an extra week or two in this program to be "fully rehabilitated."
On a positive note, however, there was no mention of the guy's blood-alcohol level when he was caught. I'm sure he was 100% sober.
I have a feeling I'm going to have some weird dreams tonight.
Jeff
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
what the hell...
Jase - ummmmmm.......ahhhhhh....I don' t know what to say....
Gibly - I saw that you put this same story in previous Comments. You read my mind!
Jeff
Why do you feel as though you need to malign another state (Michigan)? It reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit with Bill Clinton bragging about Arkansas (under his leadership) shooting past Mississippi to 49th place in Education ranking among the states. You really are only maligning yourself-I feel sorry for you-again.
-Roger
Looking forward to the next blog bout your dreams...
Looking forward to the next blog bout your dreams...
Roger - you are correct - Iowa would have been a much better choice.
Jeff
You are in my prayers.
-Roger
I heard about this story a ways back when it happened from my friend up in Duluth. I've been waiting for the outcome on this one.
If ever there was a case for your new "civil incarceration", it's this guy.
BTW - one question came to mind with this one. Was it a buck or a doe? Yeah, work that one out in your head for a minute.
JT,
What do you think is the first thing that goes through this guy's mind when he see's a Horse or Deer. I bet he hears dualing Banjo's in his head and he thinks to himself..that buck sure does have a real purdy mouth. How twisted. Dugan.
Obviously you guys wouldn't react to this story with such energy unless you yourselves have had wildlife urges which you find unsettling.
What Jeff thinks. I know what Jeff thinks. He thinks about deer and horses, that's what.
ick
Haven't you people ever heard of animal lovers?
Back to your where is Jase column and the subsequent comments. I read this site frequently, but have never heard a mention of Cub. Who or what is that?
Anonymous - that is a very good question. "Cub" is David Myers, who originally hails from Menominee, WI and then eventually moved to Eau Claire in 10th grade. A very good guy, he is (yoda). Big Vikings fan. He was even a groomsman in my wedding in 1994.
Jase and I and a few other commentators on this site went to high school and college with him at the University of Leinenkugels (UWEC). He has more nicknames than anybody you have ever met. Here are just a few - Cub, Cubby, Dale, Schvantzie, ebay (way before the web site) and Cap'N Jack. All of these names have stories behind them. Unfortunately, many of us lost contact with Cub around 2001. Now, don't worry, he's doing ok and even writing sports stories for a WI newspaper. Nobody really knows why the contact stopped. I hope that it starts back up some day. He is a good dude.
Thomps,
Clearly you don't get it. If you had read the whole story, you would have seen that Mr. Souptown felt that it was a "sexy dead deer!" Now if that doesn't justify beastiality, I'll sell my Packers season tickets!
Post a Comment