Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So Far, So Good....

Oh boy. The Kool-aid is flowing again. The Twins beat the hated White Sox 3-2 tonight in front of 42,000 at the Dome (on a school night!!!), putting them 1/2 game out of first with 4 games to play. Solid starting pitching, outstanding relief pitching, Delmon Young consistently hitting, Carlos Gomez robbing AJ of a double in the 9th, the Joe Nathan horse-blow......

Is this the Harmonic Convergence?

I wonder what Ozzie Guillen's blood-pressure is at right about now?

Thursday night should be good.

Jeff

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Twins have the pale socks number at home. Feels like 06 all over again.

Ron

tony8489 said...

you just jinxed them....you should have waited to see if they swept them..when they lose tonight, the season is on you.

Jeff said...

Tony - If you look carefully, I never said they would win tonight's game or even the division. That was on purpose. No jinxes, not that I believe in that stuff. Well, actually I do.

I'm just happy that the Sox can no longer celebrate at the Dome if they win the division.

Jeff said...

Plus - I have found that I have no power over the Twins. Just the Vikings.

Anonymous said...

Last night was the most important game of the year, except for tonights game. If they lose tonight, the past two games probably do not matter.

This is really fun. There is nothing better than a summer when the Twins (Flawed or not) are in contention.

Anonymous said...

Kool aid for everyone. Need some water Chicago....you seem to have choked. Go Twins

ronnie-san

Anonymous said...

Luck keeps getting better. KC announced they are shutting down Greinke for the season and the Twins will face Brandon Duckworth on Sunday instead. So sorry Sox.

ronnie-san