Friday, September 26, 2008

1st Place (for now)!

Quite a game last night! I never got that "it's over" feeling when it was 6-1 Chicago. No matter what happens from here on out, this series was perfect. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of White Sox (A.J.).

By the way, for all of the criticism that I have sent towards Carlos Gomez, he really showed up to play in the series and had a huge impact on the games with his bat AND glove. Could be a good sign for next year.

It all comes down to 3 games against KC, and the Sux get the Cleveland Indians.


Go Cleveland!

Jeff



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playoffs or no playoffs, the baseball this week was as fun as it gets.

The Sox choke against the Twins seemingly every year when they are in contention against each other. Liriano tonight, Baker Sunday and if Perkins does not throw up on himself Saturday, we have a good shot at finishing this out this weekend.

Go Twins.

Anonymous said...

When Span roped that triple and Gomez scored to tie it, I thought Dick Bremer was going to come un-glued! It gave me goose bumps last night watching the Twin on one screen and the Beaver Nation topping USC on the other! Good stuff. A guy gets tired around this time of the year. I couldn't even stay up to watch my TIVO'ing of THE OFFICE.

Jeff said...

Dave - Perkins scares me too. A sweep would be nice, but 2 out of 3 is needed.

Gilby - we don't have the TIVO techmology in the Thompson household, so I went Old School and put two TV's side by side. One with the Twins game with no sound and the other with The Office. I couldn't miss the season premier of The Office. It's a documentary, not a comedy, you know.

Anonymous said...

There is someone that does not have Tivo?

I don't know how I lived a portion of my life without TiVo. I wish I was kidding.