The misery involved with being a Minnesota Vikings fan is virtually incalculable. The different ways they find to lose football games is bordering on astonishing. I am glad that I am continually losing interest on a yearly basis, otherwise I would end up in a rubber room. Brad Childress is now 0-5 to the arch-rival Packers. Here are some thoughts on TONIGHT's 24-19 loss to Green Bay:
1. Absolutely nothing has changed with this team. Untimely penalties. Bad play-calling. Bad tackling. The inability to convert when the game is on the line. Absolutely nothing has changed.
2. Speaking of penalties, this is what kills me with football. There were well over 20 penalties called tonight. Over 20 frickin' penalties. Touchdowns called back, first downs nullified. Most are totally subjective. NFL referees could call holding on every play if they wanted to. And it's anti-climactic. This would be like calling back home runs in baseball because the guy on-deck was "standing out of the on deck circle."
3. Speaking of penalties, can somebody please define pass interference for me? Apparently, a defensive player can hammer a receiver or pull him down before the pass is caught and this is NOT pass interference. BUT, if a defensive player "nudges" the receiver along the sideline, THIS is pass interference. Totally subjective. And the "challenge" rule hasn't really helped. This simply gives refs the opportunity to blow calls AFTER seeing the replay.
4. If Tony Cornheiser said one more time that Aaron Rodgers "looked like Brett Favre" when he completed a pass, I would have smashed my television.
5. The. Offensive. Line. Was. Terrible. Thanks Bryant McKinnie! Hope you had fun at South Beach!
6. T-Jack. I don't know, man. Granted, he was running for his life most of the game (see #5). But, I just don't know.
7. Aaron Rodgers gets to keep his house from not getting torched for one more week.
8. I have to ask Viking fans out there one question: Did you really believe in your heart today that the Vikings would win this game?
9. Zygi Wilf must be going insane.
10. The Vikes next four opponents? Indy and Carolina at home, and then Tennessee and New Orleans on the road. That's a possible 0-5.
Good thing I'm losing interest.
Jeff
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
T-Jack is not the answer. I've said that for 2 years. It would be better if you do hit 0-5 to let Booty take his lumps and learn the game.
I'm writing this at 10:08 even though your post is listed at 10:19 so I don't know if I'm in some weird time warp or what.
T-Jack wasn't bad except for that interception. What was up with that?
You forgot Special Teams. In addition to the punt return, kick-offs were short, coverage was lousy and our guys couldn't do anythin in our returns.
That pass play at 3rd in 1 was stupid.
Usually I don't care about the Vikings that much but this is the Packers for criminy sakes. Let's see a little passion.
good thing that 80 million was well spent. good luck in LA, Zygi
Hey Phil,
T-Jack has started 15 games, not even a full season. Why don't we just let Jackson "take his lumps and learn the game?"
T-Jack barely had a chance to get up to speed this preseason. He and Barrien only had a couple of passes way back in the first pre-season game. I'm not trying to make excuses for last night...that was terrible, but there is definitely a learning curve involved here. I'll begin complaining a bit more in a couple of games.
It is pretty funny that you went straight to 0-5.
The best thing in the world regarding Vikings fans is the fun to be had listening to "Fan Line" on KFAN after a loss.
I think most callers only ever call once because I am pretty sure they kill themselves after they hang up.
I think that T-Jack should get a nice long 16 year run like Favre had. The Pack would put away another 32 straight against the Vikes. He is not good.
The 70+ million that was spent on Allen needs to be revisited cuz we didn't have a whole lot more pressure than any other season. Darrel Bevell needs to be examined. Run every down except 6 in the first half and then, down by 7 at the half, he makes "adjustments" so that we pass every time but about 6 in the 2nd half. Weird!
I liked the emotion that AD displayed after the touchdown when getting some guff from Barnett. I wish everyone had that same sense of urgency on this team. It's more of a "don't worry, we're solid as Sears on paper" kind of attitude.
Was a tough one to stomach for me.
Put a hat on Chilly, bring back that goate' and let's start getting some attitude with the way we play this game. We looked like a bunch of pussies out there last night!
If the Vikes reach 0-5, won't that be 20 starts for T-Jack and 3 years in the NFL?
I think that's long enough and I don't know how much longer the ownership wants to wait after all that guaranteed free agent money they shelled out.
Jeff,
I going to be the guy who one ups your misery.
At least you're not a Lions fan!
Ugh!!
Post a Comment