Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Big Letdown.

I got pretty excited this afternoon when I got a call from Roger (from THE CHECK) stating that he heard on the radio that a body of a Bigfoot had finally been found. My first reaction was "I knew this day would come!" The radio show stated that a body of a deceased Bigfoot had been found and that there were photographs on the internet. Well, I rushed home from THE CHECK (business use of internet only) and checked out the story. Sure enough, here is some background from a Fox News story:

Two Northern California men and two Georgians say they've got a body, a photo and DNA evidence pertaining to the elusive forest-dwelling man-ape — and that they'll reveal all at a press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., on Friday.

"I think you'll find that this is the real deal," Robert Barrows of Redwood City, Calif., told the Bay City News local wire service.

Matthew Whitton, a cop in Clayton County, Ga., and his friend Rick Dyer, a former corrections officer, say they recently found the body in the woods of northern Georgia.

Veteran Bigfoot tracker Tom Biscardi said he's examined the body, and that scientists will get their chance soon.


My heart was racing now, so I did some more research on the internet, and found a site that had a link to a picture!!! As the link was opening, I had to breath into a bag and then this popped up:


Oh, for the love of God. That is not The Sasquatch. That is a rug thrown in a cooler along with a carefully-placed Cornelius mask from Planet of the Apes. With some hot dogs thrown on top. Now, it's even been announced that there is going to be a press conference held in California on Friday to produce more "shocking evidence." Here is some more information from an Associated Content web site and http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/:

DNA photo evidence of the creature commonly known as Bigfoot or Sasquatch is to be presented at a press conference to be held on Friday, August 15, at 12 p.m. at the Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto in Palo Alto, California. The press conference will not be open to the public. In advance details released by Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. Menlo Park, California, the Bigfoot was described as seven feet seven inches tall, weight over five hundred pounds, male, with appearance part ape-like part human, redish hair with blackish gray eyes, five fingers and toes, feet flat similar to humans.

So....the press conference is not going to be open to the public? Are they going to show this evidence to "scientists?" I hope they are able to hide the zipper. You know, it's this kind of crap that gives Sasquatch hunters a bad name. Because they don't have a bad name otherwise.

What a letdown.

Jeff


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I think that you don't want the bigfoot to be found. Why else would you be downplaying this significant event? Is it that you want to be the HERO who finds the bigfoot first?

That ship has sailed brother. That is obviously a bigfoot in that cooler. I look forward to the DNA findings. That will absolutely match up with the DNA that they have from all the other bigfoots the government has been hiding from us. Oh, you will be so embarassed then.

Of course the press conference is closed to the public. You may not realize this, but most of the bigfoot hunters out there are fricking nuts. Can you imagine the riot that would occur if they could go to this monumentous event? Safety first is a good priority.

Peace out.

Anonymous said...

I have a different perspective. Do we really want a dead bigfoot? Sure it would prove that bigfoot existed, but I don't want to have a proven, dead bigfoot, I want a proven live bigfoot.

Anonymous said...

You don't know yet Jeff, what it is. You cannot say from the picture, it is a rug, or fake. If they do provide more details, we will see. Maybe Friday then, we can check again and see for sure. Some DNA, some more photos, etc. Just wait, be patient, your beloved Bigfoot will soon show his face

LX

Anonymous said...

This is a better picture:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1045033/Is-Bigfoot-Hunters-set-provide-DNA-evidence-releasing-amazing-photo.html

I am surprised at you, Jeff. You scoff in the face of real-actual evidence.

Jeff said...

Those are good points everyone.

I must admit that part of me hopes the Sasquatch is never discovered. Not because I hope to be the one who finds him - I don't really like hanging out in the woods. Part of me worries that if The Mighty Sasquatch is discovered we'll find out he is just another dumb ape who eats is own feces.

All great mysteries are like that. What if aliens are discovered and we find out they are all ass-holes? What if some guy finds the Loch Ness Monster and it turns out to be a giant, bottom-feeding Carp?

Yes, part of me hopes that it turns out to be a rug and mask in that cooler. Otherwise, the Sasquatch is really just Cornelius from Planet of the Apes.

Anonymous said...

Your living in a fool's paradise-you fail to see the potential of an enslaved army of Sasquatch warriors. That would be a formidable army.

Jeff said...

Anonymous - that is a very, very good point.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you are actually very funny. See you at the protests in Sept!

Jeff said...

Anonymous - thank you. Will there be some kind of "Sasquatch protest" in September? That might not be a bad idea...

Anonymous said...

Only 28 minutes until the press conference. This is huge.

For real, I looked up the number and actually contemplated calling that hotel just to see if there was actually a press conference taking place like the website said, but I have no guts for things like that.

Serve me an overpriced pork chop, and that would be a different story.