...my children love the cabin and can't wait for the next trip up there. They seem to have no fear of the critters. (By the way, there have been no Sasquatch sightings at the cabin, but I have my suspicions).
I am sure that last sentence sent chills up and down your spine. Well, here is something even spookier. Not a week after I wrote those words, the following article appeared on MSNBC.com:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19443010/?GT1=10056
Yes, that's right. Scientists are traveling to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to prove that Bigfoot (I prefer...Sasquatch) is no myth. (As if there are still pockets of people who believe The Sasquatch is a myth, for God sakes). The spooky part of the story is the fact that my in-laws cabin is literally "yards" from the U.P. of Michigan. It's right across the river! This confirms my suspicions. As the article states, Matthew Moneymaker (unfortunate name) of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO to me and you) will seek out locals in the U.P. who may have seen a Bigfoot or had a strange encounter. Let me tell you - I have met some locals from up that way in some area taverns, and a good number of them have had some seriously strange encounters. No question.
Here is another fact that will sway any of you Doubting Thomases that may be reading this:
In all but three of 30 expeditions in the United States and Canada, BFRO investigators have either glimpsed Bigfoot or gotten close enough to hear the creature, Moneymaker said.
That is 27 out of 30 expeditions in which the BFRO has either saw the creature, found a footprint, heard a grunt, saw a dead goat under a rock (inside joke), etc. That's 90 frickin' percent. Only three expeditions have been utter disasters or duds. Or The Sasquatch has simply managed to elude the BFRO three times.
Here is the only problem that I have with the story. Check out this picture of a supposed Sasquatch statue:
Who the hell is that? I'll tell you who - that is Kris Kristofferson. This is The Sasquatch:
Let's get it right, people. Or I'll sic the BFRO on you!
Peace, and happy Sasquatch hunting!
Jeff
7 comments:
Jeff...
I believe we should make a trip to your in-laws cabin and do some scouting ourselves.
What do you think?
My kid was back packing in the Porcupine mountains last week with no Sasquatch sitings, but then again 8 teenage boys would probably even scare away Nessie!
Pay Bigfoot no never-mind but could you bring some Vernors Ginger Ale back from the U.P.?
-Roger
Jase - I think that is a great idea. The Sasquatch is often sighted on golf courses, so we could bring our clubs "just in case."
Jeff
Jeff - very true. I hear he also likes a beer every now and again, so maybe some pale ale should also be considered??
Yes - pale ale lures him out of the woods. And pizza too.
...and chicken wings.
Post a Comment