Sunday, May 13, 2007

Initial Stadium Markings

I am not the only outdoor baseball stadium geek out there. In fact, I am a mere amateur compared to the authors of a couple of other blogs. Check out Twins Ballpark 2010. Here are photos of the initial ballpark markings on the Rapid Park site, including Home Plate, 2nd Base, etc. Also, check out the view from Home Plate looking towards downtown. Wow - that's even better than looking at the baggy and blue plastic folded seats at the Dome!

http://www.twinsballpark2010.com/baseball/minnesota-twins/stadium/Home.html

These are the things that get me excited, folks.

Peace, and Happy Mother's Day!

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how much of a geek I am? Last Friday I rode my bike to work and then took the long way home so that I could go by the Rapid Park site and see those markings. I stood at HP and imagined what a ballpark would be like and then I rode my bike around the bases two times.

Jeff said...

That's outstanding! I am really looking forward to watching the Twins and Gophers stadiums being built over the next couple of years.

When Xcel was being built, my oldest son and I would drive by about once a week to check out the progression. I am a geek, and I'm raising a geek!