After tonight's loss to the (Hated) Yankees, the Minnesota Twins stand at 43 wins and 42 losses. Their record, however, against the American League East is 6-18. Here is the breakdown:
Vs. Toronto: 1-3
Vs. Boston: 2-4
Vs. Tampa: 3-3
Vs. Baltimore: 0-2
and...
Vs. (Hated) New York: 0-6
If you subtract those games from the Twins record, they are 37-24 against the rest of the league, a .649 winning percentage. That's pretty good. What am I trying to say here? Two things:
1. The Twins cannot beat the teams from the A.L. East.
and...
2. I absolutely hate the New York Yankees.
Jeff
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I still say the Twins win the division.
Jeff, take a look at Minnpost. Jim Walsh wrote another awesome post about The Jayhawks if you are interested. Also, take a flyer on their recent release, Music From the North Country. Get the 3 CD/DVD set for 20 bucks at Best Buy. It is well worth it.
I am amazed that band did not become HUGE.
Here is a link, it is not on Jim's main page.
http://www.minnpost.com/artsarena/2009/07/09/10118/the_jayhawks_return_with_a_historic_compilation_and_concert
Dave - I have a theory about the Jayhawks. They did not become huge because they were melancholy. They weren't happy enough for the masses. Too bad for the masses because they missed out.
By the way - have you heard the new Son Volt album - American Central Dust? Son Volt is a band that I loved their first two albums and then they lost me after that. (I agree with you that Trace is an masterpiece).
American Central Dust is back to the "old" Son Volt sound - somewhat mellow, steel guitar. It's excellent. For a second, I thought it was 1995 while listening to it - and that is a compliment.
If you've heard it, I'd like to know what you think.
I also think the Yankees are sickening. The fans are sicker. I was at the the Wed nite game. The lady next to me brought binoculars... because... she wanted to watch Johnny Damon. After he was up a few times, apparently... she saw what she came for and they left for the night. No lie. Not to get some beers, her husband confirmed this. Went home. wow. Also, so many bobbles & sloppy play. Painful.
Jeff,
I have not yet listened to the new Son Volt. I went to buy it the other day, but the misinformed Best Buy employee informed me that it comes out next week...which I determined was wrong when I got back to surfing the internet while at work.
I am excited to listen to it. I have been a big follower of Jay in whatever he does, solo or with a band, so I am expecting to like this as well. I will let you know what I think once I have.
CD - back when Johnny Damon was was with the Red Sox, he had the long hair and a beard. When he left the Sox for the Yankees, a shirt that said the following was for sale in Boston:
Johnny Damon: Looks like Jesus, acts like Judas, throws like Mary.
That's a good shirt.
If a person was born in the Midwest and cheers for the New York Yankees, I truly believe this is a psychological issue. That person must have such an unbearable need to be associated with a winner, that it causes them to make rash decisions like cheering for the Yankees or Dallas Cowboys.
It's sad, really.
Post a Comment