Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Canadian Sasquatch Sighting

There has been yet another Sasquatch sighting. This time - north of the border. Roger from THE CHECK forwarded a story to me that was published by the Canadian Broadcasting Company (that's CBC to you and me). According to the report, two women in Ontario were berry picking and had a run-in with the legendary Stink-Ape. Here's more(!):

Helen Pahpasay and her mother were north of Grassy Narrows, Ont., about 230 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg, to pick blueberries last Tuesday when they spotted a hulking figure from their truck at about 10 a.m. CT.

"It was black, about eight feet long and all black, and the way it walked was upright, human-like, but more — I don't know how to describe it — more of a husky walk, I guess," she told CBC News.

"It didn't look normal."

Didn't look "normal?" Well, I bet you're not so hot yourself, Helen. And, of course The Sasquatch is going to be pissed off if a person is picking berries in his territory. That would be like someone searching for food in your refrigerator. What did Helen and her mother do when they saw the creature? Here is more from the CBC story:

The creature seemed to spot them, then ran off into the woods, Pahpasay said. She and her mother debated chasing the creature to try to get a closer glimpse, but were so shaken they decided to abandon their berry-picking excursion and return home.

Others returned to the area later and found a large, six-toed footprint, Pahpasay said. "What do I think it was? Right now I'm not even sure what it was. But it really scared both of us," she said.

"There's been talk of Bigfoot, sasquatch. And I'm still not sure what it was, but I've never seen anything like it."

Pahpasay says she and her mother aren't the only people in the area with a sasquatch story. A couple of men from their community said they also saw the creature three years ago, she said, and a similar animal has been mentioned in old lore about the area.

You know, I believe that Helen and her mother made the right decision not to "chase the creature" into the woods. You know how that type of decision usually ends up in the movies. Thank goodness that had the sense to turn around and high tail it out of there. Now, I certainly don't doubt any details in their story except for the part about six toes. Come on, Helen - are you crazy? Sasquatch's have five toes because they are humanoids. Everyone knows that. Now, of course, the author of the report had to throw this little ditty in to end the story:

Skeptics say it's preposterous that a large mammal could have evaded detection in North America throughout history. Despite numerous alleged sightings, no one has ever produced concrete evidence such as skulls or bones, they argue, while footprints, film or photos can be manufactured.

Whatever. Have they seen the Roger Patterson film? Manufactured? Put down the crack pipe, buddy that's real. When will people stop requiring "hard evidence" and start BELIEVING!

Come on.

Jeff





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me get this straight...they had a sasquatch sighting in Northern Manitoba?

Are you sure that it's not the last surviving member of the Winnipeg Jets on his way to training camp?

Jeff said...

Perhaps, Phil. Some reports indicated the Sasquatch had feathered hair and a satin bar jacket....