The Brettfavre news just won't stop. Check this out from Judd Zulgad's Viking blog on Startribune.com:As we await the NFL’s decision on the tampering charges filed by the Packers against the Vikings for “inappropriate dialogue” with Brett Favre, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an interesting bit of information in a piece he wrote about the quarterback today.
McGinn writes that a source said Favre had continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone and that when the team checked the phone records it found “repeated calls to coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.”
The possibility of Favre having used a phone issued by the Packers had been speculated on last week after the Associated Press reported that Green Bay informed the NFL it felt “an investigation of the phone records would show more than ‘normal contact’ between the Vikings and Favre, even before he formally asked for his release to play for another team.”
Bevell served as Favre’s quarterbacks coach in Green Bay from 2003-05 and the two have remained close. That relationship made it difficult to believe the Packers could prove much by simply pointing to conversations between Bevell and Favre. However, if Favre’s phone records also point to conversations with Childress that could be a different story.
The Vikings have remained mostly quiet on this subject since news broke nearly a week ago that tampering charges had been filed. Minnesota issued a statement last Thursday, saying the Vikings “are not commenting on this issue. These types of matters are handled by the league.”
The Vikings, if found guilty, could face penalties that include loss of draft picks and/or fines.
Now let me get this straight. Brettfavre, who make $12 million dollars a year, carried around a Packer-issued cell phone. And Mr. Favre allegedly used this Packer-issued cell phone to call the Minnesota Vikings. Repeatedly.
Folks, it doesn't get any weirder than than this. This cements the fact that Brett might not be the brightest bulb in the tree. I wonder if the Packer-issued phone was Green and Gold with a "G."
Am I in a dream? Somebody wake me up. I know - I'm going to be woke up and the Packer - Giants NFC Championship game will just be starting. Right? This is all part of THE VISION. The Packers, led by the resurgent Brettfavre, are about to go to the Super Bowl. Right?
Somehow, someway, the Vikings will probably lose draft picks over this. There is no question about that. The Joe Smith fiasco all over again.
But let me get this straight - Brettfavre used a Packer-issued cell phone to repeatedly call the Minnesota Vikings.
What the hell is going to happen next?
Jeff
8 comments:
Jeff...what a poor photo-shop attempt. They could have at least put him in a real Vikes jersey!?
Jase - I agree! I "found" that on that on a sports blog on Star Tribune, but I don't think they created it. Not sure where that came from...
Dude! Who cares if they lose a draft choice. It's gonna be #32 anyway. Superbowl Homeboy
It's getting comical...at this point, I actually hope they do trade him. Bridges have been scorched.
please-no more favre
no more
I read today that the Packers say Favre doesn't even have a Packers issued phone.
It's the story that just won't die.
Phil - I heard that too. I don't know how the Packers can prove any tampering if Favre was using his own phone.
But, I am sure that will change tomorrow.
Post a Comment