Friday, January 25, 2008

Wolves - Celtics. Geez,Congratulations KG.

I'm a 41 year-old male with 3 kids. It's Friday night. Not a lot to do. So I decided to watch the second half of the Timberwolves - Boston Celtics game. Now I'm not much of an NBA fan, but like I said, what else am I going to do, go skydiving?

For those of you who weren't aware, the Wolves are 7-34 and the Celtics are 34-7. The game was at Boston. The Celtics have Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. The Timberwolves have Al Jefferson and some guys from the YMCA. Well, the Wolves led most of the second half and played their hearts out. But, as sure as the sun sets in the West, a rookie mistake and a horrible no-foul call led to a 87-86 Celtics win.

The Celtics reacted like they had won the NBA championship. Kevin Garnett (who I still respect very much) did that thing with his shirt where a player holds it out by the front so the fans can read "CELTICS" like they just beat San Antonio in 7 games.

The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves. The Boston fans should be embarrassed. Cheering for the Celtics in this game must have been like cheering for the Senior bully beating up a Freshman for his lunch money while the freshman put up a good fight.

Geez, congratulations Boston. That's like the Varsity beating, not the JV, but the 8th grade squad in a scrimmage.

Try not to spill too much champagne in the locker room, Celtics.

Peace,

Jeff

P.S. - Man, do I hope the Giants win the Super Bowl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well there is nothing wrong with the Celtic fans cheering for their team to win. That's what a fan does, regardless of how bad the losing team is.

The Celtic players reaction was telling. You were right, they acted like they just won the Championship not beating the worst team in the league at home by a point in the last 5 seconds.

They may have the gaudiest record in the NBA but I see the Celtics faltering in the playoffs.

Unknown said...

I want the patriots to win, just to shut the 72 fins up. tired of hearing about them toasting a glass when the last undefeated team loses a game.

Anonymous said...

You're 41?

Jeff said...

Yes. 41 and 1/4th, in fact. But I don't look a day over 40 and 3/4th.