Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone out there! Like I said in a previous post, somehow it's 2008. Does 1988 seem like that long ago? It was 20 years. Now that I have bummed you out, here are some of the things that I am looking forward to in 2008:

1. When Packers win the Super Bowl, churches in eastern Wisconsin trying to figure out how to add Brettfavre to the stained glass windows without covering up "those other guys."

2. St. Paul gaining international exposure by hosting the Republican National Convention. I hope that international exposure does not include rioting and the burning down of St. Paul by protesters.

3. My oldest son becoming a teenager and starting Junior High. Oh......my.........God.

4. Me becoming even more good looking as I age gracefully - like Sean Connery. No question.

5. The continued construction of the Twins and Gophers stadiums. This is the year both stadiums will really began to take shape. Have I mentioned this before?

6. The final year of indoor Gophers football. Good riddance.

7. The Vikings going 8-8 again next year and JUST missing playoffs.

8. Wild defenseman Martin Skoula being on the ice and essentially responsible for EVERY goal the team gives up. And then Head Coach Jacques Lemaire naming him team MVP. Seriously, I'm becoming obsessed about this. Skoula has GOT to have photos of Lemaire....

9. 2008 will be the year I finally figure out how to pass the football in Madden 2008 on the Wii. Maybe.

10. This will be the year the new 35W bridge is completed.

11. 2008 will be the year in which my band, Pork, plays our first gig. Once we find a drummer and learn songs and stuff.

12. More Sasquatch sightings nationally and internationally. He (she?) will continue to elude capture, however, because of his intelligence and guile. And he's nocturnal. It's harder to catch stuff at night.

That's all I can think of right now. What are you looking forward to in 2008?

Peace,

Jeff

2 comments:

tony8489 said...

here is what I am looking forward to this year:

1)less anxiety about the world. is there ever any good news out there?
2)enough with the hate mongers on both sides of the political spectrum. where is the middle on both sides? do they even exist?
3)stop the name calling with people who do not agree with your political thinking. it just dumbs you down, and you lose the debate automatically every time
4)if you are not buying gold, buy some. if you already own it, buy some more
5)the republican national convention will set new standards of indecency by intolerant folks who claim to be tolerant, befuddling the rest of us
6)the economy will go into a tailspin.(see #4)
7)the republicans lose in a landslide, HRC becomes prez
8)this will actually be good for the republicans. they do not offer up anyone as a really electable choice, and the party will get a housecleaning, clearing the way for condi vs hillary in 2012.
9)t-jack surprises us all
10)pack wins the super bowl in the most watched tv event in history, 31-28 in overtime.

Anonymous said...

Jeff:

FYI we have a drum machine. Drummer no longer needed.