Friday, January 18, 2008

Prognostications

For those of you not paying attention, the NFC and AFC Championship games will be played this weekend. Here is what will happen:

PATRIOTS over CHARGERS: The one game that I predicted incorrectly last week (along with the rest of the free world) was the Charger-Colt game. I give San Diego credit for beating the Colts in Indy with basically a back-up Quarterback and Running Back. Well, the buck stops there. The Patriots will beat the Chargers and their humble fans will experience yet another Super Bowl. I have this feeling, however, the Pats may suffer a major injury (Brady?). Also, as sure as the sun sets in the West, Randy ("I'm going to think long and hard about who was using my car") Moss is involved in another off-field controversy. No question that he wuz robbed and misunderstood. Patriots by 13.

PACKERS over GIANTS: Well, it's cute that Eli Manning and the Giants have made it to the NFC Championship. No doubt that after they get absolutely crushed in this game they will still be happy. There will be quotes about "nobody expected them to get this far" and "we exceeded everyone's expectations" and "nobody gave us a chance in this game anyway."

That is because the Giants have no chance in this game. None. Zippo. They should save on air- fare and not risk injury and simply forfeit. Seriouosly. They could blame it on the cold or fuel prices or something. Sure, the Giants are on a nice run, but the Packers have The Cosmos and Karma on their side. The Giants have no chance.

Packers by 17 only because of the cold. If it was merely 20 degrees the Packers would win by 27.

This sets up the Patriots -Packers Super Bowl. You know what happens then. Orgasmic Euphoria. But more on that next week.

That's the way I see it.

Jeff

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, there are rumours of Winter X Games 12 being canceled becaused the mountain in Colorado that it's suppose to be held at is a known Sasquatch haunt.

Here's the web site with the officials "denials"

http://www.winterxrumoralert.com/

Jeff said...

You know, Free, I'm surprised this kind of stuff doesn't happen more often. The officials can deny all they want, but the Sasquatch always has the last laugh.

As we all know.

Anonymous said...

Yup,

He is larger than life in WI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HAzI63X8Q

Hopefully this link works.

Dools

Jeff said...

Dools - yep, the link sure worked. It said it was 3 minutes and 53 seconds, which had to be wrong. I think it was more like an hour and a half.

Seriously - who takes a picture of Brettfavre mowing his lawn?

You know, Favre is great, and I believe he should have been league MVP. If my team was down by 5 with a minute left, I'd take him over any QB in the league.

Oh well, the Patriots just won so it will be a good Super Bowl against the Packers.

Anonymous said...

The Vision and the Packers can go golfing. Ha Ha Brett.

ronnie-san