Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ballpark Groundbreaking Ceremony - 8/30/07


This may shock you, but I am planning on attending the Twins ballpark groundbreaking ceremony next Thursday evening. I'm taking the three kids so they can be part of history whether they like it or not. For some odd reason, my wife does not want to attend, which I simply cannot fathom. Martin Zellar will be playing. Food and beverage will be available. How can you go wrong? I'd like to know if any of you readers will be in attendance. I assume Freealonzo and Shane will be there. How about tony8489? Jase - feel like driving up from Eau Claire? Here are the details:

WHAT:
Twins new ballpark official groundbreaking. The groundbreaking event will be a celebration of the past, present and future of Minnesota Twins baseball, an opportunity to pay tribute to those involved in making the new ballpark a reality and a time for the community to come together.

WHEN:
Thursday, August 30, 4 – 7 p.m.
4 p.m. Event Opens to Public at the New Ballpark Site
4:15 p.m. Concert Begins
5:30 p.m. Concert Ends
6 p.m. Official Ceremony Begins
7 p.m. Official Ceremony Concludes

WHERE:
Twins new ballpark site

WHO:
Twins fans
Civic leaders, government officials
Minnesota Twins and Major League Baseball officials including Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig
Hennepin County Commissioners
Twins players
Twins alumni

Hope to see you there!
Jeff

6 comments:

tony8489 said...

should call it jeff thompson ballpark

Jeff said...

No question. Has a nice ring to it too.

Anonymous said...

It's on the calendar!! I'd like to check out Martin Zellar but at a minimum I should be there for the ground breaking.

Jeff said...

Phil - yeah, you'd have to leave pretty early in the day to make it from New Hampshire. It could be done though. Hey, by the way, any revived talk of a new park for the Sox? I can't imagine them not playing in Fenway...

Free - I will keep an eye out for you. I will be the guy in a Twins hat trying to corral three kids. I'm sure that I will be the only guy that fits that description.

Unknown said...

Nah, no one's talking about a new park right now. There's no place to build one, plus everyone loves Fenway.

There was talk a few years ago of one in Southie, but all the richie rich folks from the northern suburbs didn't want to drive all the way to South Boston to see a game so it got shot down.

Anonymous said...

I will be there, too!