Sorry I haven’t been blogging too much lately. You see, I’ve kind of gotten into this Facebook thing. I have to admit that Facebook is a strange, oddly addicting phenomenon. On the positive side, it’s a great way to reconnect with people that you share a past with. I’ve been in touch with friends from elementary school all the way through the University of Leinenkugels and after. Facebook is also a place to post cool music and Young Ones videos for people to comment on. On the negative side, you are provided with quite a bit of information regarding trips to the grocery store, visits from aunts, etc. You have to take the good with the bad. Of course, a big difference between blogging and Facebook is the average length of the communication. Blogging is usually longer chunks of crap that is not well thought out compared to Facebook, which is shorter bits of crap that is not well thought out. Blogging certainly takes more time.
Anyway, I do have some topics that I need to get off my chest (mostly complaints). In the spirit of Facebook, I am going to try and keep these short and sweet:
1. Twins win division, completely forget how to pitch and then the whole team gets injured. I am really not too concerned that the Twins cannot win a game since they clinched the division. The fact that no starting pitcher can get through 3 innings is a little disheartening, but this has been known to happen. Remember in 1987, the Twins lost all 6 remaining games in the season after clinching the division – and they weren’t even close. And we all know what happened after that. I am more concerned that the entire team is now injured. Every one of them. J.J Hardy even injured his knee in his sleep. I am not making this up. For the Twins to finally compete in the post season, they need a healthy team. We all know Morneau is out, but they need Mauer, Hardy, Thome, etc. They cannot compete with the Rays or Yanks with the likes of Butera, Tolbert and Casilla in the starting lineup. Don’t get me wrong, all of those guys have played a major part in the Twins winning the division. They just need their best lineup to beat the AL East. I am not going to get nervous yet. Well, I already am nervous, sort of….
2. Vikings beat Lions; Bears beat Packers. So the hated Bears are 3-0. I remain unconvinced that they will compete for the NFC North division. I still believe the Bears are frauds and Jay Cutler will implode. The Bears, for all intents and purposes, beat the Lions on a head-scratching, mystical call and the Packers required 18 penalties to lose by 3 to them in Chicago. I still say 7-9. Once they lose their first game, Cutler spontaneously combusts. This division will still come down to the Packers and the Vikings.
3. Cities 97. What has happened to Cities 97? I remember when the Cities 97 used to play decent music. The station has always been known as “mellow alternative” or even “mellow alt-country.” A guy could hear some older mellow Tom Petty or Neil Young mixed in with some U2. So what the hell has happened? The muzak played at THE CHECK is more cutting edge than the Cities 97, for Cliff’s sake. If I had $1 for every time they played Matchbox 20, I’d retire, buy my own Caribbean island and build an airport on it so I could fly my own private jet in and out whenever I wanted. When I am driving around, I have a little game I play. I try and guess whether or not John Mayer, Matchbox 20 (or Rob Thomas – same thing) or Five For Fighting will be on the station. You have a 95% shot of being right. I don’t know what to make of this. Hey, we don’t need another KS95.
4. Tim Brewster still employed. Now, look. I understand that it is difficult to fire a head coach of a football team in the middle of the season. But not many head coaches of a Big Ten football team (none, actually) can manage to lose to South Dakota and Northern Illinois in consecutive weeks – at home. This is beyond bad. This is hurting recruiting for the next decade. What does Tim Brewster need to do to get fired? Steal Robert Bruininks car? Burglarize and toilet paper Bruininks’ house?? What, really, is going on here?
5. No Sasquatch sightings lately. Not for long. It’s fall. Something will happen.
That is all I have. Back to Facebook.
Jeff
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But not many head coaches of a Big Ten football team (none, actually) can manage to lose to South Dakota and Northern Illinois in consecutive weeks – at home
Neither did Brewster. He had a home loss to USC thrown in between those two loses. Not that he still doesn't need to have his ass fired.
Also Twins always play sucky after clinching the division, this year it just happens not to be in the playoffs. They should be fine.
Good point Free, I blocked that game out, although it was probably thier best showing of the three.
I will give Brewster credit for one thing - scheduling better opponents. Other than that, nothing.
1) twins will be fine
2) packers and bears are very one dimensional. all pass, no run. I still say green bay wins the division. they are not as good as I thought they were, however.
3) get satellite radio
4) who cares. what a national joke.
5) yawn
ps-boo facebook
Post a Comment