Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sasquatch Update - Bemidji, U.S.A.

I was at THE CHECK today when I was alerted by both Freealonzo and CD about the latest Sasquatch sighting - this time in nearby Bemidji, Minnesota. I, of course, had already heard about the sighting because I have an alarm on my computer that goes off when Bigfoot is in the news.

Let's see what this is all about. According to startribune.com article, Tim Kedrowski, a salesman from Rice, Minnesota, set up a motion sensor camera on his hunting ground near Leech Lake back in October and caught this image. Here is what Kedrowski had to say:

"I can't sit here and tell you I'm a 100 percent believer, but I'm a little less skeptical than I was before. You don't go deer hunting looking for this kind of thing."

Who knows - maybe you do. Kedrowski remained skeptical of the photograph until he contacted members of the Northern Minnesota Bigfoot Research Team (NMBRT) who compared the image to one of an alleged Bigfoot photo taken years ago in California and found that the features were "identical."

Folks, all this tells me is that they sell the same ape suit at Spencer Gift in Bemidji, Minnesota AND California.

While I appreciate keeping the Sasquatch lore alive and well in the news, these people have got to get better costumes if they are going to try and fake this stuff for their "15 minutes of fame." This is a guy in a bad ape suit, for Cliff's sake. Or a drunk in dark clothing stumbling through the woods from his way home from the Bemidji bars. Unless Sasquatch wears grey gloves. I'd take the Jack Links version over this hoax.

Remember those wing-nuts down in Georgia (redundant) who had the "frozen" body of a Bigfoot in a freezer? That was an ape suit with a Cornelius mask from the Planet of the Apes. I called that, by the way, because I am not a Sasquatch novice. I know when to tell a fake when I see one. I am surprised the guys from NMBRT would even waste their time with this one.

Lest we forget, here is the real thing. I had to throw that in because of all of the ridiculous fakes lately. Oh, well. One of these days........

Jeff

4 comments:

Freealonzo said...

You know I lost a pair of gray snowmobile gloves around Bemidji a few years back. I think that dud is wearing them.

Freealonzo said...

Dude not dud.

Jeff said...

Free - no, I think dud was correct.

Jeff said...

Check it out - I knew it:

http://www.bfro.net/mn_photo.asp