Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vikings Play Like Crap. Vikings Win Division.

People have accused me of being a cynic when it comes to the Minnesota Vikings. I always expect the worst. Why?

Because I have watched them for 40 years. They drive me bat-shit crazy.

In those 40 years, I have rarely witnessed as gutless a performance as I saw tonight against an injured, nothing-to-play-for Panthers team. Something called Matt Moore passed for 300 yards against the Vikes and looked like Johnny Unitas. Pathetic.

On a side note, the Vikings won the division because the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Packers on the last play of the game. Good for them.

I do know this - the Vikings better not play like they did against the Cardinals and Panthers when they get to the playoffs. If they do, they will not beat anybody.

They drive me absolutely crazy.

8 comments:

Freealonzo said...

Jeff. Jeff. Jeff. It's been 40 years. By now enough time has passed, enough evidence has been presented. It's an established fact: The Vikings will disappoint, they will not win the big game. It's pre-ordained, it's in their DNA, it's who. they. are.

So you have two choices: You can continue to take the Jeff approach and get whipped up into thinking this is the year, this time they might have a chance and then get your soul crushed by the inevitable stupid play calling, bad tackling, and gutless approach.

Or you can go the Freealonzo route. Embrace the disfunction. Sure you watch, you swear at the TV when the Vikes go 3 and out (again) or give up a touchdown on 3rd and 26(!!!), but you also laugh. It's happening again you know it's coming. Sit back and watch the wreckage knowing that somethings are just meant to be.

Admit it, my way is the only rationale way to approach the Vikings, you way only enrichens the pharmaceutical companies.

Jeff said...

Free - what you are saying is 100% logical. Remaining emotionally attached to the Vikings is like staying with a woman who has cheated on you 1000 times - and being surprised every time it happens.

You are correct - as a long time fan, I know the "hammer" is coming, I just don't know when. I suspect that it will be a playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers.

gilby said...

I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football again...

Drinkin' the Kool-Aid here in Fall Creek.

Jeff said...

Amen to that Gilby. The Charlie Brown/Lucy thing is the perfect metaphor for the Vikings.

The same thing keeps happening over and over and over....

tony8489 said...

watching the game with the sound turned down, and reading, as usual. 3rd and 26. I say to myself, "deep pass to smith, touchdown", before the snap. watch play, shake head once, resume reading.

dools said...

At least you get to watch at least one home playoff game. Those words are never spoked in Detroit.

dools said...

I believe Jeff's way enrichens the Summit Brewing Company!

Jeff said...

dools - Summit, Leinies, & Grain Belt!