Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Highlight From The Parallel Universe

Just over a minute left. No timeouts. Eighty yards to go. Down by four points.

For nearly 20 years, I've been watching Favre do this to other teams. Teams like the Vikings. Now, he does it FOR the Vikings.

Crazy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONE of the best plays I've seen in a LONG time, GO VIKES!!!

Freealonzo said...

Just win baby! Just win.

tony8489 said...

I know I am stating the obvious here. You all wonder why he came back? To get the same feeling we all have. But magnified by, oh, say, 20,000 times. Wow.

Jerry said...

I haven't seen a Vikings QB manage the clock like that in years. By the way, Greg Lewis should be commended on that catch. Farve got them there...Lewis caught the ball.

Jeff said...

The play itself reminds me a little of the Jim McMahon to Eric Guilford play in the early '90's. Guliford was a little known receiver who never did much except for one big play that won a game for the Vikings. He came out of nowhere to catch a pass a set up a winning field goal against the Pack.

Gilby said...

Bet they're not cookin' up that kind of excitement at the local golf course in Kiln, MS to keep Brett coming back for a best ball scramble each Sunday...

The clock management issue is important here, but even more important is the notion that the guys in the huddle actually BELIEVE that they're capable of this kind of thing when 4 steps into it on any given Sunday

I got chills reminiscent of the Rashad catch against Cleveland on that one, along with the "white out" to boot from jumping and screaming in my living room on Sunday!