With all the talk of Brett Favre joining the Vikings, Adrian Peterson sometimes tends to get a little lost in the shuffle. But this run against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday reminds us that Peterson, not Favre, is the heart and soul of this team. And if he remains healthy, I believe Adrian Peterson has a chance to be the top running back of all-time.
Personally, the most talented running back that I have witnessed in my lifetime was Walter Payton, followed closely by Barry Sanders. Admittedly, I never got a chance to see Gale Sayers or Jim Brown play in the 1960's. Many true football historians consider either Brown or Sayers to be the best in history. If Peterson keeps playing at the level he has since joining the Vikings from Oklahoma, he has a chance to be mentioned in the same breath as these Hall of Famers.
It should be fun to watch.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Frightening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can see shoving the dude off to one side as he slows down, but then to outrun the corners, which are usually the fastest guys on the team? wow
Outta my way sucka!
The best of all time? I'd say not even the best Viking of all time! How can you simply ignore Alfred Anderson!!
I am 42 years old.
With that said, It is so boss that the best running back in the league is on my team.
I am old enough to remember when Walter Payton broke the single game rushing record with 275 yards against the Vikings way back when. The record the my guy now has. I will even admit that Walter Payton was my first ever Fantasy Football draft pick in 1984 in a league that I am still participating in.
Take that Chicago!
I saw the story on the SI cover. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
Wait til Madden 11 comes out!
Post a Comment