Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Frickin' Freezing.

Tonight, in Minneapolis-St. Paul, will be the coldest night in four years. The temperature may dip to -25, with wind chills between -40 and -50.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the good Swedes and Norwegians and Germans that settled this land back in THE DAY showed up around June 10th and set up camp. Beautiful summers and fall ya know. Everything was good until around mid-November. Then, after Christmas, January and February hit and they thought "we have found hell."

But, we stay for the Vikes.

Stay warm.


Jeff

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thursday morning...It's so cold in Alexandria the weather map on ch.9 didn't have a color to represent the temp: -51. Gotta love MN!

Anonymous said...

A month ago you were complaining that there wasn't any snow. Now we're in the hellmouth of one nasty winter. Next time, keep your weather thoughts to yourself!!!

I'll think about you next week when I am in Haiti, where right now it is 100 degrees warmer than MSP.

Anonymous said...

It is really sad when "100 degrees warmer than Minnesota" means about 49 Degrees.

Jeff said...

I knew that "where's the snow?" post would come back to haunt me.

tony8489 said...

I would like everyone to stop using "frickin". Please.

Anonymous said...

Who the hell goes to Haiti?

Jeff speaks alot about life back in Eau Claire, but I doubt he can remember and/or describe a stretch of time when it was this cold.

Is global warming still real? Pravda just reported global cooling.

Anyone. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, anyone . . . .

Jeff said...

Anonymous - Free is going on a mission trip to Haiti with his church.

Anonymous said...

tony... you have a frickin' problem with the word frickin'?

Anonymous said...

Then I apologize if my comments offended Free - it was unintended.