Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking a Little Trip

I hate to drop this bomb on all of you, but What Jeff Thinks is going to take a hiatus for a couple of weeks. We're taking a vacation to Scotland. My wife is very familiar with Scotland after studying there in college and working for the Wisconsin in Scotland student exchange program for a year in Dalkieth, Scotland after graduation. Personally, I've been to Scotland once, back in 1992 - 16 long years ago. Let me tell you, it's a beautiful place.

We're going over to see our good friends the Hendricks, who are running the Wisconsin in Scotland program and other friends my wife made during her stays in the country. This time around, most of our vacation will be spent around Edinburgh, specifically in Dalkieth. We'll be doing some hiking, sampling some wee drams, eating authentic fish and chips, visiting some pubs, etc. I may even check out some kilts. I've got the legs for it - no question. So, in honor of our trip to Scotland, I will leave you with some Scottish quotes:

Whisky may not cure the common cold,but it fails more agreeably than most other things.

He was a bold man who first ate a Haggis.

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet.


If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

Talk to you when we return!

Peace,

Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I'm impressed that you signed off on Saturday...but you're not really leaving 'til this afternoon!
Was this in the Scotland contract?
I think you've earned some points for this!
No talk about hockey playoffs?
Now go have some sparkling conversation with your wife across the pond!
Hope you both have a GREAT time! Take lots of pictures...we all need to see you in that kilt when you return!