Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yep, We're In a Parallel Universe

I did not plan on blogging today. I have other things that I need to do. But, once again, something has fallen in my lap. Just as I speculated yesterday, we have moved into a parallel universe. Here is the proof:



What the hell is that? I'll tell you.

It's a Randy Moss envelope.

Get this. The United States Postal Service will HONOR Randy Moss with his own envelope, to be made available in Charleston, West Virginia. Check out these facts from a story in today's StarTribune.com:

"(The envelope) will sell for $6. Only 5,000 are being distributed, and they will be available only at a ceremony Friday at the Cultural Center in Charleston and at post offices in the area.

Moss made his college fame at West Virginia's Marshall University and before that was a standout at DuPont High School in Rand, W.Va.

"Randy is very well-respected in West Virginia, and we wanted to honor him," said David Walton, spokesman for the Postal Service's Appalachian District.

Moss will be at the ceremony, as will Charleston Mayor Danny Jones and Moss' high school football coach, Tim Fout, Walton said. The previous evening, Moss is expected to attend a City Council meeting and receive a key to the city, Walton said."

Well-respected? A key to the city? Are we talking about the same Randy Moss here? The "I play when I want to play" football player? The alleged pot-smoking, girl-choking, meter-cop-hitting Randy Moss? Apparently the USPS and West Virginia will give an envelope to just about anyone. Geez, I'd hate to see who is considered "a bad guy" in West Virginia.

Who is next on the list to get their own envelope - Michael Vick? Eliot Spitzer? O.J. Simpson?

Folks, there are a lot of good people out there who help others every day. Some even put their lives on the line to help others - Policeman, Fireman, the military. Do they have an envelope? No. Randy Moss gets one, along with a key to the city of Charleston, West Virginia.

I want you all to think about that.

We're in a parallel universe - that is the only explanation. Good is bad, bad is good. Up is down, down is up. Hopefully it won't last long.

Peace,

Jeff

7 comments:

tony8489 said...

hey freealonzo! I bet the randy moss envelope is mr bushs fault!

Unknown said...

Just more proof of how much better things go for you when you play for New England. ;)

Jeff said...

I've got to agree with you, Phil. When Moss started with the Vikes in 1998, he was the toast of the town.

Things went south in a hurry, however. It seemed the more he talked in public, the more he put his foot in his mouth and got in trouble. Part of the issue was that Mike Tice, the Vikes coach at the time, really enabled Moss to do whatever he wanted.

He's still a great player, although I don't know what happened in those Oakland years.

Anonymous said...

I have an old pal who's from West Virginia and they LOVE the Super Freak there. Besides Senator Byrd, that's all they got.

And Tony8489 of course I don't blame Bush for the Randy Moss envelope. Everyone knows it's Dick Cheney that controls the US Postal Service. Duh.

tony8489 said...

sorry bout that, free

Anonymous said...

Very nice cityscape. I thought I had stumbled on a professional bloggers page! That is actually a compliment..

Jeff said...

Thanks anonymous - I thought I'd switch up the look with a picture of Minneapolis.

And nobody has ever accused me of being professional before!

Thanks again.