But, in the end, the Wild have nobody to blame but themselves for today's loss. Even after that horrible call, they had plenty of opportunities to win this game. The main reason for this loss is that their power play was inept, something that has plagued them off and on all year. This is why I believe the Wild have to make a move. The NHL trading deadline is Tuesday and they have to pick up a scorer. Somebody who makes a difference over the course of the game. I give the Wild credit for consistently locking up their young talent such as Brent Burns, Marion Gaborik and Nick Schultz, but they need a quick talent infusion. In the past, they have made "minor" moves at the trade deadline and picked up the likes of a Dominic Moore or Adam Hall. That type of move is not going to cut it this year. I am talking about acquiring an Olli Jokinen, Mats Sundin or Marian Hossa (as long as he is willing to sign a long-term contract here). I realize that it may take trading some of their current talent (Pierre Marc-Bouchard?) to obtain one of these guys. However, as the Wild sit today, there are probably good enough to make the playoffs in the West and lose in the first round to a Dallas or Detroit.They need to make a move.
Peace,
Jeff
1 comment:
Wild made a move... something tells me another blog by Jeff is in the works.
The Pantless Wonder
Post a Comment