The Wild need a scorer and a guy who can win face-offs. But, instead they pick up enforcer, thug and borderline criminal Chris Simon from the New York Islanders for a 6th round pick. This guy has eight career suspensions, including the longest in modern NHL history for his near-decapitation of New York Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg.
Chris Simon. On the Wild.
Simon is the type of player that belongs with Vancouver or Anaheim. He is Al Secord with far less talent. He is the type of guy I love to cheer against. Simon is truly the first "bad person" the Minnesota Wild have acquired. Not good for a franchise that is known for selecting "character guys." It will be interesting to see how Simon fits in with the normal human beings on the Wild.
I can only conclude one thing with this move: The Wild put the Minnesota Vikings in charge of their organization for one day. See what happens?
This move, I do not understand.
Jeff
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Jeff...
While you might not be thrilled with this trade, I saw something on ESPN you might enjoy.
The Vikings have agreed to trade Troy Williamson to Jacksonville for a 6th round pick.
I have to be honest with you...as a Packer fan I grew rather fond of watching balls bounce off of Williamson's helmet.
This is a sad day for me.
I knew you'd hate this move Jeff... don't worry, you'll only have to watch a game or two w/ him in the line-up (before he gets suspended for the year).
The Pantless Wonder
Jase - think about this. Basically, the Vikings traded Randy Moss for Napolean (Dynamite) Harris and Troy Williamson (took with the SEVENTH overall pick). THAT is how a franchise keeps themselves mired in mediocrity for a decade. As I've said, now I know why Williamson was crying when he was drafted.
Pantless - that's a good point. He'll probably stab some guy in the Jimmy with his stick on his first shift and get suspended.
Good times.
I can only think that they made the move so that Simon can knock half of the Wild players over the head for the way they are playing. The Wild are almost unwatchable right now.
They could very well miss the playoffs, which would be a huge turn downward for the franchise.
The lack of any enthusiasm that Tom Powers speaks of is what strikes me as odd with this team. Even when Boogy is in there, they act like they have no sense of urgency.
Must get that from watching the Vikes!
O.k. I'm not a great NHL mind but even I get this is a head scratcher.
Say Jeff, have you heard any opposition to the fact that there is a new sales tax for transportation, BUT WE AREN'T HOLDING A REFERENDUM!!!
Where's the outrage, the ccarl web pages, the angst over the anti-democratic state legislature?
Dave M - you are the "real" Dave M to those of us in MN, and the other Dave M is the "real" one to those of us from Eau Claire. So to me, there are two "real" Dave M's.
Gilby - good point. One thing that you could never question the Wild on in the past is effort. Now, I think that is an issue. They seem to be lacking leaders. Wes Walz was that guy before he retired. Koivuu or Rolston might be close now, but not quite. That is a problem.
Free - excellent point. I was reading that on your blog. I have always believed that the only people who are "for" referendums are those who are "against" the issue at hand. I majority of the people in MN seem to be for this bill, so you don't hear the "referendum" outcry. I have to write a post about this issue.
Post a Comment