
Check out this model of the new Twins ballpark, courtesy of
The Greet Machine. Shane reports that this rendition might be slightly outdated, but you get the picture. It is reported that there will be an updated model available at the Hennepin County Government Center on Tuesday.
Good stuff.
Jeff
6 comments:
don't you think the place is going to smell because the garbage burner is so close?
tony 8489 - I have heard that there never has been an issue with this. When I attended the Groundbreaking, there was no identifiable smell associated with it.
However, with Minnesota's stadium luck, that will probably change on opening night 2010 when a "sewer-like" smell arises aound the time of the opening pitch.
perfect-it will be known as "from the hump to the dump"
I'll still take the dump over Hump.
It won't smell. I'm friends with the guy who oversees it for Hennepin County and they've put a lot of work over the past couple years to minimize odors from the garbage incinerator. By the way, the burning garbage isn't what smells, it's the garbage piled up waiting to be burned. They solved that by storing indoors under negative pressure, so air is coming into the building rather than going out.
Mark - thanks for comments. I agree - I have never heard anyone complain about the smell down there. The garbage burner is not the greatest thing to look at, but who cares once you are in the stadium?
Jeff
Post a Comment