Sunday, July 8, 2007

One for me and one for David Amaram. And another for me...

When my oldest was a wee lad back in the late '90's he used to listen to children's musical artist (i.e troubadour) Raffi. Back in those days, Raffi CD's were in heavy rotation in the car and at home. I could have sang "Banana Phone, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Baby Beluga," and the rest of Raffi's hits word for word.

I have often wondered what happened to the troubadour, as I have not heard much from him lately. My young nephews no longer think of him as cool, and have gravitated to other kids tunes and Johnny Cash. Much to my surprise, while reading today's Star Tribune, I believe I have found a current picture of Raffi! It turns out he is spending some time "relaxing" down in Spain. Good to know the old boy is still around.

Check it out:

Peace,

Jeff

4 comments:

Tito Jackson said...

Do you think Raffi has a hidden dark side like Paul Rubens (Pee Wee Herman)?

Jeff said...

Hey Tito - it's no longer hidden. Check out the smoke and the sifter of whiskey in the picture.

I love that.

Jeff

Tito Jackson said...

Jeff:

I'm finding that your blog is not only interesting to read, but its also full of excellent photos. I've copied many of them to my hard drive and frequently click them up. I like the Big L. White Russian/= yellow shooting glasses slouching pair and bigfoot best. The rank up there with my FBI file photos of Patty Hearst as personal favorites. You ought to be a photo editor.

Jeff said...

Thank you Tito. My personal favorite has always been Sgt. Schultz. However, I have to admit that I really like the Fred Sanford "You Big Dummy" picture and am thinking of buying the shirt with the same image. I could wear it at THE CHECK on casual Fridays.