I cannot overstate my absolute hatred for the New York Yankees. I actually believe that cheering for the New York Yankees is an indication of a mental illness or a mental deficiency. Even for a New York resident. A New York resident, at the very least, should cheer for the Mets. The Yankees are a symbol for all that is wrong in our society. If you don't believe it, read this.
I've been doing some soul searching after that latest heartbreaking Twins defeat to the Yankees, and I have only been able to come up with three evil entities that are on par with the Yankees. Cheering for the Yankees is like cheering for:
1. Goliath
2. The Nazis
3. The Devil. (a.k.a. Satan)
I nearly threw up watching A-Fraud and Mark Texaria congratulate each other after the latest come from behind victory. That's $50 million dollars worth of smugness hugging each other. I'm really happy for you guys, and I am sure you are great friends.
Hey - just an aside to the umpire who made the "foul" call on Joe Mauer's hit in the 11th inning. Nice call. The ball hits the outfielders glove and then lands three feet INSIDE the foul line and he calls the ball "foul" while standing no more than 10 feet away. Look - I have Kerataconus - pointed corneas - and I could not have possibly missed that call. Either the ump is high on mushrooms or incompetent, and I think we know the answer to that question. (By the way, there is absolutely no excuse for the Twins not scoring with the bases loaded and no outs in that inning. None. It's almost criminal.)
So now we are down to the last game. One more loss to the Yankees and the series is over. I am trying to visualize what ass-hole on the Yankees (in a very long list of ass-holes) will drive in the winning run in extra innings to end this series. The choices are many.
Sorry for the hatred tonight. I've had a few High Lifes.
Peace.
Jeff
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love this post. My exact thought "put to blog-ink".
A-Roid. Hate him.
I hate the Yankees too.
But as far as umpiring bad calls, I shudder to think how the Tigers would be doing against the Yankees if the ump had correctly ruled that Inge got hit by a pitch.
It
CD - and I hate how they keep showing A-Fraud's current girlfriend Kate Hudson. I give that 6 months.
Dave - I agree with you. Inge was grazed by that pitch, which would have brought in the go ahead run. However, I can wrap my mind around missing a 90-mile pitch grazing a shirt vs. missing a ball that is fair by a few feet while standing 10 feet away.
That ump, by the way, was born in New Jersey. I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin'....
ljp has sent you a story from http://www.citypages.com
Seven Things to Hate About the Yankees
http://www.citypages.com/2009-10-14/news/seven-things-to-hate-about-the-yankees
Thanks for sharing ljp! I hadn't seen that article yet.
There are a lot more than seven things to hate about the Yanks, though!
Post a Comment