Down 7 games in the standings as late as September 7th, the Twins rally to beat the Tigers 6-5 in 12 innings in game 163 to take the 2009 American League Central crown.
that twins game was one of the best games I have ever watched. tell the folks how your exclusive cable package somehow left off TBS and you went old school, like the mythical "shut-ins" that sid always talks about, by having to listen to the game on the radio!
tony - you are correct - I was a "Syd's shut-in" for this game!
Basically, for reasons that I cannot reveal publicly, I had to listen to this game on the radio. It's a long story with our cable company. It was actually kind of cool. Not that cool, though.
Free - you are 100% correct on the 'CCO thing. Most of the "Syd shut-ins" would only have AM 830 dialed in on their radios and would be confused about the availability of "other radio stations."
7 comments:
I'd like to hear your Vikings/Packer analysis as well. You're my source for sports, Jeff! Let's hear it!
Kim - I'll most likely take care of that today or Thursday. I had to put this Twins stuff on here first, of course.
But I do have some thoughts on that Vikings game.....
that twins game was one of the best games I have ever watched. tell the folks how your exclusive cable package somehow left off TBS and you went old school, like the mythical "shut-ins" that sid always talks about, by having to listen to the game on the radio!
tony - you are correct - I was a "Syd's shut-in" for this game!
Basically, for reasons that I cannot reveal publicly, I had to listen to this game on the radio. It's a long story with our cable company. It was actually kind of cool. Not that cool, though.
Did you listen to the game on KSTP or KFAN?
A true shut-in would be looking for the game on 'CC0 until someone (younger) would have secretly changed it to the right station during a commercial.
You have got to give up that cable vs radio story
Free - you are 100% correct on the 'CCO thing. Most of the "Syd shut-ins" would only have AM 830 dialed in on their radios and would be confused about the availability of "other radio stations."
Dave - I'll have to e-mail you about that.
Post a Comment