Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Fat Lady Is Approaching the Stage...

In my 43 years (almost 44) on this earth, I have never witnessed a professional sports team that is as emotionally intimidated by another team as the Twins are by the Yankees. That is not to say that the Yankees aren't a more talented team than the Twins - they are. But let's not mince words - when the Twins face the Yankees, they are beaten before they even step on the field. You can see it in their eyes. They are 2-11 against the Yankees in the postseason, and have now lost 11 straight playoff games.

I will say it again. This Twins team, while very good, lacks a guy with killer instinct. A Gaetti. A Hunter. Hell, a Pierzyski. Somebody who'll run over a catcher. They lack a pitcher who will move a guy off the plate, or bean him if necessary. I love them, but the Twins are a team of boy scouts.

One more game to go in New York, and it's time to pack it up for another season. It's been a good season, the first in Target Field. But I do know this, having yet another Twins season ended by the Yankees is getting really old.

1 comment:

tony8489 said...

all these fellas are way too nice to each other